Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

From Autoset to Aircurve Vauto. Question for my first night.
From Autoset to Aircurve Vauto. Question for my first night.
Hi everyone.  Hope all is well with everybody and your getting great sleep.  

I finally, at the suggestion of some prominent members here, got my Aircurve 10 Vauto.  I restored everything to the default values already.  My question is should I leave the settings at the default values for the first night and see where the machine wants to go, or should I change the settings to something else?  I'm going to post last nights chart with the Airsense Autoset to give some insight as to what I should possibly do with the Aircurve settings.  Last nights results are kind of typical to the results I've been having for the past couple weeks, and they've been at those settings for about two weeks now.  Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.  Just when I was learning the Autoset, now I have all these new options.  LOL

Brian

P.S. I have Oscar, but for some reason it wouldn't import last night to it, so that's why I'm posting from Sleepyhead.  Oh and I'll update my machine info after, cause I'm typing this now.  LOL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: From Autoset to Aircurve Vauto. Question for my first night.
I would set

EPAP Min = 11, that is the EPAP value on the Autoset (actually 11.4 but 11 should be sufficient)
PS = 3 or 4 (4 is default for BiLevel, 3 matches AutoSet)
IPAP Max = 20
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing the experts will suggest you start with a higher than default min EPAP, but I'd wait for them for a specific suggestion.

Just wanted to say the main difference with the new machine is the much more flexible pressure support. The default there is 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok bonjour.  Got it.  One more question.  Leave Ti min and Ti max at default?  Default is Timax - 2.0s, Ti min - 0.3s, Trigger and cycle - Medium.  I know WHAT the setting does, but like I said the machine is all new to me and I’m still learning all this CPAP stuff.  LOL.  AS ALWAYS THANK YOU!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to leave it as much default as possible to start.
I would do a Factory reset first though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.  Already did a reset to defaults before I posted.  Here’s to finally getting a really good nights sleep hopefully.  Thanks again bonjour!! (although I think your real name is Fred, but I’m not sure.  LOL). 

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2019, 06:21 PM)Bweekzzz Wrote: Ok.  Already did a reset to defaults before I posted.  Here’s to finally getting a really good nights sleep hopefully.  Thanks again bonjour!! (although I think your real name is Fred, but I’m not sure.  LOL). 

Brian

My REAL name is Fred Bonjour
I'm not doing a real good job of hiding around here
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, Fred Bonjour, I for one would like to thank you for NOT hiding around here.  You, along with other people, on here have helped countless people on this board, including me.  Like my comment in my profile says, “The people on this board are nothing short of amazing!”, and that’s an understatement!!  You should all be thoroughly proud of what you do for this community!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Fred, but will add your had persistent flow limitation with the Autoset, and we really want to use pressure support to remedy that. By all means, EPAP 11.0 with PS 4.0 makes sense, and we are going to focus on the PS to reduce the flow limits. Ultimately EPAP min may be reduced. So your staring pressure is 15/11 and I assume you will keep max pressure at 20.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider!!  I knew you be here sooner or later, and as always thank you. 
          I remember you telling me I need BiPAP due to the persistent flow limitation and more PS would help that.  That’s why I got the Aircurve.  And at a super deal too.  Only 200 hours for 350 bucks on offer up.  It’s a great app with a lot of CPAP machines people are selling if you would like to let people know.  
          I’m gonna set it up to your, and Fred’s suggestions and keep my fingers crossed.  I’ll post chart tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  LOL

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 204 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.