Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Frustrated
RE: Frustrated
(11-25-2012, 09:52 PM)archangle Wrote: Many PAPers feel they have to manage their own therapy.

Indeed. After talking with my family doctor the other day, he felt the results of the sleep study were final despite:

- the pressure suggested was what I already had
- I found myself gasping for breath while trying to get to sleep
- I was still snoring at night
- I rarely awake fully rested

He didn't think I needed to see the Otolaryngologist although I insisted. I have no idea when that will be. I want to discuss these discrepancies. The sleep therapist said I can not upgrade to an "auto" machine without hearing from the doctor. So that leaves me with what I have. I'm borrowing an "auto" CPAP until December 5. The data card it takes (a ResMed S8) is apparently different than the standard SD card and I wasn't given one. So I take notes each morning and have every reason to believe I have to determine my own ideal pressure by averaging out the results. So I agree. The "professionals" aren't helping me manage things much so it's up to me. I realize that after I see the doctor, everyone will leave me to fend for myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you been using a CPAP?

Google "sleep debt".

What happens is your brain got used to low oxygen and waking up a lot is the norm. You need to keep using the machine and retrain the brain as to what this "sleep" phenomenon thing is.

Many CPAP users report being more tired WITH the machine than without. Part of it is the sleep debt.

The wonky AHI could be related to the same thing. It is the body and brain getting used to all of this.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try not to get frustrated. I was fortunate to have a good doctor and lab when I started my CPAP. Regardless you need to be an active participant in your therapy, ask a lot of questions, read what you can, ask others (this forum is great). CPAP therapy works keep at it, "tweak" things as you need too, push your doctors, whatever it takes it is worth it!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 220 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 995 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,139 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,402 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  [CPAP] Lots of issues, getting very frustrated. Help? fuccrat 0 412 05-05-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: fuccrat
  UPPP Surgery worsening daytime breathing, very frustrated yanix 0 980 08-30-2022, 02:50 AM
Last Post: yanix
  Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired Cammy 1 658 10-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.