Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Issues
Full Face Mask Issues
I have been getting along pretty much fine with my Resmed Mirage FX mask, but some time ago I found it necessary to add a chin strap to drive the numbers down in the ~ good range.  So, I started trying chin straps. Cheap ones, inexpensive ones, etc.  I found that they wore out pronto and so, tired of ordering serial units, I decided to go FF mask.  I ordered an F&P Simplus which was a good bargain, and to be certain of fitting (I live out of the country) I requested both M and L cushions. I was able to fit the L with no problems, no leaks, although un poco of strap pressure more than I'd perhaps like. Comfortable, sweet, until I turn the Autoset on. With settings for FF and humidity at 6, I cannot sleep the entire night.  I wake up with nasal passages horribly dry after about two hours. But what's worse, is the numbers I see. AHI never less than 10 (even awake and just resting!) and often in the 20's. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Pressure up, pressure down, higher humidity.  Always the same. I have to throw the mask down nat 1Smile) am and go back to the FX in order to get a good night's sleep.  I'm pretty discouraged at this point, and just ordered some new chin straps.  I've read quite a few postings about FF but to me there was pretty much no conclusion how to tame these beasts. I see they are quite popular (Simplus) with good ratings, and I'm glad someone is getting rest with them, but.....?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask Issues
Post some ofyour sleepyhead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 152 11 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 183 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 524 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 134 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 230 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 322 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.