Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Issues
RE: Full Face Mask Issues
(02-11-2013, 10:21 AM)marthaabernathy Wrote: First off, this is my first post Smile Go easy on me.

I have a S9 Autoset with ResMed Mirage Quattro mask. I did something REALLY dumb. I got the unit and used it for a few weeks...then stopped. Thought it wasn't helping. So I emptied it out and packed it up and it up. Well, needless to say after a few months of really bad sleep, I'm back on the machine.

After the first time I used it since packing it away (with new distilled water and cleaning the mask, of course), I developed a stuffy nose and sore throat. The humidity level was set on 3. It might just be coincidental, but should I be concerned? I did feel better that day, despite the sore throat. I felt more awake with more energy. I still feel better than I did before.

Also, any tips on mask fitting? I'm having trouble finding that happy medium between a good seal and not getting a headache from the top of the mask.

I have the mirage liberty full face. Best fit I have had !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask Issues
More humidity usually helps, but some people find they feel better with less.

Just for the heck of it, you might try cleaning everything really thoroughly. I think ResMed says not to dishwash the mask, but I've washed my ComfortGel masks in the dishwasher every week for the past 8 years or so with no problems. I don't dishwash the hose or headgear.

Here's the ResMed Multi Patient sanitation links:

Resmed tubing disinfection guide, mask disinfection guide, S9 humidifier disinfection guide.

These are definitely NOT nightly or weekly cleaning guides, but they give you an idea of what kind of hot water temperatures the parts can stand, and how long to expose them.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 209 1 hour ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.