Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Problems
Full Face Mask Problems
I've had a cpap machine for about five months now. About 99 % of that time I've used a nasal mask with a chin strap. I'd prefer using a full face mask but I can't get past the first night without major leaking problems. I can go to sleep with no leaks but when I wake up about 4 o'clock to go the bathroom the full face mask is a nightmare for the rest of the night. Just one big leak. I've tried adjusting the straps but it doesn't help much. I'm curious about the people who use the full face. I'd like to know how they get it to work. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask Problems
Larry, have you tried to go to the bathroom with your mask on? Unplug the mask from the hose, get up and go. You will have sufficient air to continue breathing normally.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced the same problem with my FFM F-20 Airtouch under the exact same circumstances. My DME gave me a sample cushion of a heavier silicone which ended the fluttering I experienced. I have learned when nature calls, I take a mask wife and wipe my cushion. By the time I return it dries and I have very few problems. The face seems to let out oils (especially when my humidifier is set higher) and this causes mask leaks. I used to get so frustrated I would just take it off which is the worst thing I could do. Also even though my sleep doctor ordered a large FFM, my face works better with a medium. Best of luck to you as the mask was the most difficult transition to Cpap for me and I worked on it for a year. Eventually your challenges will be overcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always leave the mask on when I go to the bathroom. I think I move around quite a bit while sleeping and by the time I go to the bathroom, usually 4 or 4:30, I have a heck of a time adjusting the mask to get no leaks. Thanks for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave mine on just unhook hose and go. Have you tried keeping straps loose?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used Remzzz mask liners with the F20 with moderate success. Still have leaks, though fewer, and at least the leaks don't sound like farts. I found a couple of 30 count packs on Ebay for $15 a while back and I use each liner for 2-3 nights, so the cost isn't bad. Some folks have bought fabric to make their own, I tried cutting one out of a dried mask wipe. It was ok. I've tried a number of masks, thank you online suppliers for mask insurance, but have yet to find the right one. I keep returning to the F20 between trials.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 1,999 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 167 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 693 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.