Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Questions
Full Face Mask Questions
Right now I have a nasal mask and I'm more of a mouth breather so was looking at some masks. I found someone who is selling the masks with headgear brand new but there is two different ones and reading online I'm not sure of the two. Have you guys ever used or heard about either the AirLife NIV Non Vented Mask or the Performatrak SE Full Face?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask Questions
I don't  know either mask, but "non-vented" raises flags.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I've not heard of these. But I'll ditto bonjour on the non-vented aspect. Possibly these could be hospital use devices. In that case, I'd look elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure that the non-vented masks are for certain ventilators and pretty much respiratory failure and not for CPAP use.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's non "non-ventilated" it's NIV "non-invasive ventilation". These masks are specifically made for non-invasive ventilation use, and the company, Vyaire, mainly provides medical equipment to hospitals. If you can get the mask is is certainly a high quality product, but is not normally sold directly to consumers through the DME channel or retail.

The Perfomatrak SE mask is a Philips product, and looks a lot like the Quattro. https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask Again, not normally seen in the DME and retail channel. I think you have found a seller that has a surplus of hospital and specialty equipment.

Nearly all the suppliers on our Supplier list are able to provide a complete mask with a prescription, some may not ask for the Rx. If you need a prescription for CPAP equipment and supplies, the guy that gives you a flu shot or does your annual exam can write the script.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a bit of Googling - there are websites for both these products.

https://www.vyaire.com/us/our-products/r...-niv-masks

https://www.philips.com.au/healthcare/pr...-face-mask

The Performatrak is a Philips product which appears designed for use on hospital ventilators.

The Vyaire is likewise for hospital ventilators. It comes with both vented and non-vented versions, but these use different hose and attachment sizes.

My advice is to avoid them both and stick to masks designed for xPAP use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Buying masks without trying on and with the assumption of being able to use them (without further info) sounds like a recipe for pain, suffering, and frustration. How do you know they'll fit your face and be comfortable? How do you know if the headgear will be large enough? How do you know they won't leak like heck and defeat the whole purpose of xPAP?

Will those masks attach correctly to an A10A hose? How are you going to get replacement parts for those masks? Masks have to be "rebuilt" regularly, some parts as frequently as every month? What'll parts cost and where would you get them from?

I would stick to a mask that's easy to resupply. Once you have one that fits, IMO you aren't going to want to use a different mask for the next while.

I also wouldn't buy a mask unless it's in a factory sealed package.
---------
IME
Look at sites like LankyLefty (youtube) or Supplier #1 to get ideas about what kinds of masks work well and why, how they might fit your facial structure, how expensive they are to keep supplied, etc. With that info in hand (it should shorten your list for possible masks), go full out and try several on at the DME or pay for return insurance at a supplier and experiment at home.

For FFM's on this site, I would say the most popular are F&P Simplus, Resmed F10, Resmed F20 (two designs), a Resmed Quattro (this one's been around for a long time, IIRC), Amara View. Maybe a few other folks have some recommendations? There are reasons why these are popular.....

----------

One more thing....Would you mind listing your mask, settings , and the rest of it in your sidebar? These can be crucial for mask recommendations, since high pressures may provoke leaks.

----------

Oh gosh, now I see your a brand new newb. My recommendation for the moment is to work with your current mask and see if you can find a technique to keep your mouth closed. There are all kinds of ideas on this site about how to accomplish this, like using a cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.