Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20
Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20
I am considering between Resmed Mirage Quattro and AirFit F20 FFM.
I hope someone can give me some advice and opinion about this two masks. 

I tried the FFM ..F30, then Quattro Air, both leaked air at over 10L/min,
eventually, tried Mirage Quattro which managed the leak to zero or less than 5L/min.

Also, with the same ASV device, same setting, I had better AHI reading with Mirage Quattro than Quattro Air, although not by much.
Maybe it was due to not enough nights of trial to be statistically meaningful.

F20 was recommended to me but I don't have the chance to get F20 for trial as I am going to order online. 
I think F20 is quite similar to Quattro Air which has the extra forehead support, i.e. I think it will have higher leak for me. 

The Mirage Quattro looks bulky, heavier, more parts, but it seemed to have better air seal and was very quiet due to the special vent. 
One major disadvantage  of Mirage Quattro is the elbow joint, which does not have the quick release like the other Resmed mask,
it had to be taken off by force. That means, I could not disconnect the hose without taking off the mask . It will be a hassle for a quick washroom break.

I have a few extra questions.
- Is there any accessory of quick tube release for Mirage Quattro ?
- What is the acceptable limit of air leak of masks ?
- What is the actual weight of F20 and Mirage Quattro ?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20
The only info I've got at this time is that the F20 doesn't have any forehead support and it does have a quick release elbow. You can get the F20 cushions in AirFit silicone and AirTouch memory foam. Both should be available in S M L.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recently switched from a F&P Eson nose mask to the ResMed AirFit F20 (prefer the silicone because it is easier to clean and follows the face contours better than I think an AirTouch F20 would, and silicone would last longer based on my experience with the Eson silicone mask)

The AirFit is great, no leaks and 100% seal every night.. on the rare occasion I dislodge it against my pillow it is easy to get it to re-seat again (I'm a side sleeper, and I toss and turn all night due to shoulder and back issues that have me in pain most nights)

The hose on the mask has a quick release feature which makes it easier than removing the whole mask if you need to get up in the middle of the night.
Fitting is simple with the magnetic clips on the strap (but magnetic clip masks are a no go for anyone with a heart Pacemaker as the magnets can disrupt them).. mask removal is quick and easy as well.

My wife has also said the AirFit is far quieter than my previous mask, and I also think that is the case.

Because the hose is a 360 deg swivel I have it passing over the top of my head and through an elastic band I've looped under the strap that goes across the top the head.. this allows me freedom to role back and forth with the hose hanging down from the bedhead above. 

If you need a full face mask I would definitely recommend the ResMed AirFit F20 as a good choice.

My mouth leaks have been overcome, and my AHI numbers have dropped from the high twos / low threes to now consistently being below 1.0, and normally 0.6 to 0.8 (using a Dreamstation in APAP mode)
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Quattro Air which ,seemed to me, is similar to AirFit F20, with an extra forehead support. 
The cushion may be different. 
However, I had bad air leak with Quattro Air, but I did not get the chance to try the F20. I have the feeling I will have similar air leak with F20. 
Instead, I tried the Mirage Quattro and did not have any significant air leak.
I just checked the resmed official website, it only features AirFit/AirTouch F20 as full face mask,
and does not feature Mirage Quattro. 
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...pap-masks/
Does it mean Mirage Quattro will be obsolete soon ?
However, the fitting of Mirage Quattro is quite different from the other mask, with the micro-dial at the forehead support.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2020, 08:03 AM)struts Wrote: I tried the Quattro Air which ,seemed to me, is similar to AirFit F20, with an extra forehead support. 
The cushion may be different. 
However, I had bad air leak with Quattro Air, but I did not get the chance to try the F20. I have the feeling I will have similar air leak with F20. 
Instead, I tried the Mirage Quattro and did not have any significant air leak.
I just checked the resmed official website, it only features AirFit/AirTouch F20 as full face mask,
and does not feature Mirage Quattro. 
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...pap-masks/
Does it mean Mirage Quattro will be obsolete soon ?
However, the fitting of Mirage Quattro is quite different from the other mask, with the micro-dial at the forehead support.

The F20 AirFit does not have, nor does it need, the frame that goes to the forehead.. unlike my previous F&P Eson nose mask.

The design of the F20 works very well, is easy to get comfortable on the face.. I can very easily wear my glasses if I need to, but normally I just put my mask on and straight off to sleep quickly and comfortably.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Another show of support for the AirFit F20.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,607 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.