Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask, light and no forehead bar?
RE: Full Face Mask, light and no forehead bar?
(08-06-2014, 09:36 PM)eviltim Wrote: AirFit F10 is hands down the only FFM I like. (Actually, it's the only one I've been able to tolerate).

However, if you haven't tried several chinstraps I would do that first.

How many chin straps do you use on a typical night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, I agree with retired guy. If it was me, and I did not mouth breathe I would try a different nasal pillow before I would go to a full face mask. It is a totally different ball game with the full face mask. You look and feel like someone suited up for I don'know what. You start sleeping on your back because it is uncomfortable to sleep on the mask. Sleeping on your back raises new issues and before you know it you are wearing a backpack to bed filled with uncomfortable things so you don't sleep on your back.

The nasal pillows are so light and ubobtrusive, you hardly feel like this is therapy. With the full face mask- First comes the liner, then you have to carefuuly get the mask on
do the mask fit for your highest pressure and the put the chin strap ovwr top.

I used the nasal pillows for 4 years at a pressure of 12. No problem. Just my 2 cents!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask type and model is a very personal choice as evidenced by the myriad opinions of experienced users. I couldn't handle the nasal things...stay away from my nose...and am very happy with the F&P Simplus. Of course, everyone is different except for retired_guy who is the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply.
What stands out loud and clear, is GET A CHINSTRAP!
Also I should really try and stick to the pillows. Which I think I will do.
I had no idead FF masks would be worse for leaks but if I stop and think about it, I suppose there is a heap more area for the air to escape from.
I shall buy a chinstrap on Monday and order a new pillow mask.

I was thinking of trying the Nuance fabric pillows. Any thoughts?
I still love my P10, just think I want and maybe need a change. I can always go back.

I was reading on another thread, I hope I can find it again about people swapping their headgear on the P10 with the Swift FX.
I have just done this but somehow I don't think I have done it correctly. If anyone has instructions for the changeover I would appreciate them please.
I seem to have a lot more control with the Swift FX headgear than the P10.

Once again many thanks. I don't know how I would have survived my journey without the good people of this forum because I definitely get no help from anyone connected with my sleep study.
You have taught me all I know!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty new to this and started with pillows and a chinstrap and being comfortable enough to fall asleep and keeping mouth shut was difficult. Switched to F10, I think its pretty comfortable and really doesn't bother me that much
Post Reply Post Reply
The Swift FX looks interesting I might see if I can get one.

You're saying Gabby, that the P10 head straps can be swapped for the Swift FX and used on the P10 mask? On the surface of it, I like that idea.

I have said elsewhere, that I have good success with a head sweatband for a chin strap - I look very fetching, I have to say, with the sweatband on....lol....

Have you selected a chin strap yet Gabby? My sleep doc suggested a seatec -
[commercial link to DME removed per Apnea Board rules]

and with your signature block what other chinstrap could you but the Seatec Sleep tight? .. lol!

As always what is good for one person may not suite another so get what is best for you.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 08:48 AM)dke1 Wrote: I'm pretty new to this and started with pillows and a chinstrap and being comfortable enough to fall asleep and keeping mouth shut was difficult. Switched to F10, I think its pretty comfortable and really doesn't bother me that much

Cheers dke1 and welcome to the forum.
Good to hear you have found the mask you are comfortable with. Sometimes it can be quite a mission in itself.
Before I had decided to really give the pillows their all, the F10 was on top of my list.
All the best on your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 08:51 AM)Skypilot Wrote: The Swift FX looks interesting I might see if I can get one.

You're saying Gabby, that the P10 head straps can be swapped for the Swift FX and used on the P10 mask? On the surface of it, I like that idea.

I have said elsewhere, that I have good success with a head sweatband for a chin strap - I look very fetching, I have to say, with the sweatband on....lol....

Have you selected a chin strap yet Gabby? My sleep doc suggested a seatec -
[commercial link to DME removed per Apnea Board rules]

and with your signature block what other chinstrap could you but the Seatec Sleep tight? .. lol!

As always what is good for one person may not suite another so get what is best for you.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Thanks Skypilot, I just looked at some headbands and picked one that looked quite secure and ordered. It will be here Monday.
If it doesn't work I may go with the sweatband!
I slept with my Swift XP headgear attached to P10 last night but I don't think I have it attached correctly.
My AHI was right down to 2.5. I haven't checked leaks yet.i must go and look for that thread now where I was reading that they changed their headgear and see they did it because I am sure it was a different way to me.

If you have a chance to buy a Swift FX at a reasonable price, go for it.
I am thinking of ordering a Nuance as a backup pillows mask.
Any info. about them would be appreciated thanks.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2014, 04:17 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: Sleeping on your back raises new issues and before you know it you are wearing a backpack to bed filled with uncomfortable things so you don't sleep on your back.

Readyforsleep, please speak for yourself, or at least mention that many people have difficulty because of the things you mention. I do not sleep on my back, I'm a side sleeper and sleep perfectly well on my side without a backpack or a tennis ball or anything else to keep me there. My FF mask does need a liner, and sometimes my pillow helps "cure" a leak. I hardly ever go above the red leak line anymore. A liner is not a big issue, and easy to adapt to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 08:48 AM)dke1 Wrote: I'm pretty new to this and started with pillows and a chinstrap and being comfortable enough to fall asleep and keeping mouth shut was difficult. Switched to F10, I think its pretty comfortable and really doesn't bother me that much
Hi dke1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

What machine do you have?It's good to hear that you have found a mask that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,505 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,614 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,080 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 401 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.