Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Reset of Aircurve 10 to Factory Defalts
Question 
Full Reset of Aircurve 10 to Factory Defalts
I am under the belief that some of the options on my AirCurve 10 VAuto #37051 have been "locked out".
I have activated "Plus" in the Essentials.

My Smart Start Option is greyed out, Climate Control Options removed, Hose Temperature Options removed, etc.

Q: Would a reset to default settings recover these items.

Q: Would I be able, on my own, re-enter or re-establish all the settings.

Checking a few things before hitting the "Yes" option in reset default.

Thinking-about
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Reset of Aircurve 10 to Factory Defalts
Write down all the current settings or take a pic with your smart phone.

I'm not positive, but doing a reset may also remove all hours and data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Factory reset is factory defaults for everything. Only Run Hours remain. I have never encountered a lock-out in the clinical settings. It's plausible your machine has that, but I have not run across it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal, I will make not of all settings.

I just wanted to check if I will be needing outside assistance to re-enter the settings and from SleepRiders comments it sounds like I can re-do my entries.

This is a new machine to me so there is no problem wiping and re-entering data.

I already did wipe user data from the SD Card to set myself up as a new user.

Just looking at the process of elimination: Are these options due to provider setup, machine malfunction, or were settings created as default at the factory.

Just looks odd to me that Smart Start is Grey and other options just don't exist.

The machine itself seems to be working fine and producing nice OSCAR reports.

Before I do anything, I will wait to allow and opportunity for other members check in and maybe have or be experiencing similar circumstances.

Hopefully they have been through this and have corrective idea advice.

I've learned the hard way that just because something seems like a good way to go that it's best to check in here first and double, double check.

Coffee
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a VAuto, and I don't see anything grayed out.

Did you get a copy of the Clinicians Manual?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Climate controls are only available when the ClimateLineAir and water tub are attached. It is possible your machine is not properly detecting either of these components or non-OEM components may be in use.

Under Options menu, Essentials should be set to Plus and SmartStart On. I don't know of a reason SmartStart would be unavailable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried unplugging the unit from the wall outlet for about 15 minutes? Simple enough to try before doing a factory reset.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If this is a used machine, yes do the factory reset simply because you do not know what the previous owner set and we have seen some things, especially in the more obscure settings that were unexpected. Know the settings you want and make sure you know how to get into the clinician's menu, if you don't already have it see the CPAP Setup link in the banner and follow the directions, you will be manually emailed the requested manual shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smart start will be grayed out if you have leak alarms enabled it’s either one or the other
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 10:20 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Smart start will be grayed out if you have leak alarms enabled it’s either one or the other

Thanks, didn't know that.

And 3rdMarDiv's STR data shows that LeakAlert is set; mine does not have that set, and I use SmartStart.
I still think a reset and Airplane mode for a used machine are a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 204 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.