Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Reset of Aircurve 10 to Factory Defalts
RE: Full Reset of Aircurve 10 to Factory Defalts
I just tried adjusting the settings using ResScan. All it did was to delete everything on the card and then write a new "SETTINGS" directory.

If you have all your settings written down, I say go for the "Restore Defaults" route. What do you have to lose at this point?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 09:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I just purchased a VAuto, and I don't see anything grayed out.  

Did you get a copy of the Clinicians Manual?

Yes I have a copy but I did not see anything speaking directly toward areas being missing or greyed out. I only recently obtained this unit as well… Good luck with yours… I know I really like this one.
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 10:37 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I just tried adjusting the settings using ResScan.  All it did was to delete everything on the card and then write a new "SETTINGS" directory.  

If you have all your settings written down, I say go for the "Restore Defaults" route.  What do you have to lose at this point?

My thoughts also… Thanks for checking on that for me. I appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I would turn off all reminders and alerts, to make sure they are not interfering.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 10:42 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I think I would turn off all reminders and alerts, to make sure they are not interfering.

Great suggestion and I will do that… Thanks so much
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 10:20 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Smart start will be grayed out if you have leak alarms enabled it’s either one or the other

JW, thanks for this. I was unaware alarms disabled SmartStart. Then again, why would anyone use disruptive alarms?  Looks like an easy fix.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed alarm clock...no. I vote cancel all alarms. The last time I hit Snooze on my ASV, a reminder to hold my breath appeared.

Injecting humor, Happy Friday soldier.

Did canceling alarms ungray your selections?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a side note; While searching for anything remotely connected to this subject, I found that Resmed has a USB connector module, Model number: 37301, for the A10 and S9. It allows for real time monitoring. Both models allow AirView to monitor the data but the S9 can also be monitored with ResScan version > 4.0.

I'm probably the last one to know this. . .
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW that ResMed USB module item 37301 is this:

https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...odule.html

[attachment=20175]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 09:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Climate controls are only available when the ClimateLineAir and water tub are attached.  It is possible your machine is not properly detecting either of these components or non-OEM components may be in use.

Under Options menu, Essentials should be set to Plus and SmartStart On.  I don't know of a reason SmartStart would be unavailable.

I believe it's not properly detecting the tube. Tube is ResMed ClimateLineAir. Essentials set to plus and SmartStart is now on. Turning off leak detection opened that up for use.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 2 23 27 minutes ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 990 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 152 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 691 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 217 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 201 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.