Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full facemasks leaking problem
Full facemasks leaking problem
Just a general questions - are any of the newer full facemasks (like the Dreamwear full face &  ResMed AirFit F30i) made using nasal pillows instead of the flat plastic nose piece?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full facemasks leaking problem
The new F&P Evora Full Face Mask does.  Here is the link to a discussion about it that lists both the pros and cons:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ce+mask%22
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Full facemasks dilemma
I wondered if someone could give some insight on comparing the following face masks (to help with mouth breathing at night):

--Resmed Mirage Liberty Hybrid Full Face CPAP mask

--Resmed Airfit F30i

--Dreamwear Full face mask

Thanks for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full facemasks leaking problem
I tried the ResMed F30i full face mask. It was the first mask I didn't suffer from claustrophobia. However, it leaked absolutely terribly on my face.

I didn't try the DreamWear full face mask. My opinion is that I shall not support a company that has such terrible products as the machines they make that have been recalled, and have no stock to replace with safe equipment. YMMV.

I bought the F&P Evora Full which is a full face mask. I have managed to wear it for a full night. However, AHI was terrible and that was caused by leakage. That shouldn't affect you; it's due to shape of my face and the settings I have used. Many people here have had excellent results with F&P masks.

I am now wearing a ResMed N30i nasal mask modified with a DreamWear velco strap; I use it with a cervical collar. I don't need to use mouth tape with this combination, although leakage is relatively high.

I also have the ResMed P30i with nasal pillows. They hurt my nostrils, or it would be my first choice. Both N30i and P30i require Pillows settings on my S10 *for her* machine.

Hope this helps,
DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,599 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.