Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to find Mask Setting?
How to find Mask Setting?
I've been using a Philips Respronics Nose pillow for years.  It was set to mask setting X1.

Today, I just go a ResMed F30i mask.  How can I find out the Dreamstation Mask Setting for this ResMed F30i Mask.  The mask manual says to go to a document on their website, but it only shows ResMed devices.  

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to find Mask Setting?
This from the System One

If you go to the site for machine is there any document links.

https://www.documents.philips.com/doclib...ontrol.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
Thanks, I don't see any Resmed listed there either.  But all of the full FMs are X1, so I guess I'll go with that for now.  Because I can't find any other information.

And the masks top connector is too small for the Dreamstation's heated hose.  I thought the hoses were standardized across the industry.   At least that's what I read yesterday..
Post Reply Post Reply
I could be mistaken, but I think the person who replied to you first mistakenly missed that you are in fact using a RESMED machine, and use a Dreamstation mask.  Is this correct?

If you push your RESMED's round dialing button, in the center of it, you can then scroll down with the rotating outer ring.  When you come to the correct setting function, mask in this case, press the center button again, and then scroll down to the correct type.  Click the central button to tell the machine that it is your selection, and then hit the bottom 'home' button at left.  Bob's yer uncle, and Peg's yer aunt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.

No, it's the opposite.  I have a Dreamstation machine with the heated tubing, and just purchased a ResMed F30i Hybrid/Full Mask.  

I think/guess that X1 is probably the Mask setting on the Dreamstation, but I have not see anything to specifically state that..

I tried to use the new mask last night, but the masks connector to my Dreamstation's Heated hose isn't right.  The hose opening is about 1/16th+ too big for the mask.  So now I'm looking for an adapter..
Post Reply Post Reply
Look on the previous mask you were using before switching to the ResMed mask.

Check the inside end of the mask hose. There may be a adapter or part stuck in the end of the mask hose? I think I've read about this happening before.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, but there is nothing stuck in the end of the DS Heated tubing cuff.. I measured the inside of the cuff and it is 24mm, and the new mask is 22mm on the outside. I upgraded my old cpap to a dreamstation and kept my old mask years ago. I don't remember what make it was. But I did end up wrapping tape around and around the mask's L adapter to make it fit that new machine. I cannot find any 22mm to 24mm adapters online. I did read the other day that the hoses had industry standard sizes, so I don't know why the DS Heating Hose is 24mm inside. The tape thing has worked for years with no dirt or mold buildup, so I think I will just do it again.

Thanks again for all of the replies!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,217 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.