Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Funny Experience from a CPAP Newbie
Grin 
Funny Experience from a CPAP Newbie
Has this happened to you?
I have been using my CPAP for just over one week. The other morning I awoke fresh with energy I haven't experienced for a long time. I jumped out of bed to head to the bathroom. I forgot I was still attached to my CPAP machine....Oops!!!!
I had to laugh. At least I know my mask is comfortable enough that I don't notice it...lolDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Funny Experience from a CPAP Newbie
Congratulations USKiwi!

You're now an official HoseHead like us!

I-love-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh heck yeah. Several times.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Been there, done that. Smile

I now have my CPAP hose going around a leg of my nightstand a couple of times, so that if I do jump out of bed suddenly, I won't be jerking directly on the CPAP machine and pulling it onto the floor.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is a funny experience, (Ha'Ha.)
It's great that you found such a comfortable mask and that you are so used to the CPAP therapy.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice going, Kiwi!
You're going to make it, after all!

=^.^=
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Waking up with energy is an awesome feeling. Congrats.

Running to the bathroom still attached, not such a good feeling, but definitely shows how successful cpap therapy can be.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, and welcome to the group, USKiwi! I've always become aware of the mask before getting out of bed - hose pulling, having to get around loops of hosing, etc., but I have recently been waking up totally unaware of wearing the mask until I begin to move. A great feeling. For quite a while I was never unaware of it, and even though it wasn't uncomfortable, it was "different" and slightly disturbing, causing me to sleep even more lightly than usual. So you are doing great!
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2013, 03:48 PM)USKiwi Wrote: Has this happened to you?
I have been using my CPAP for just over one week. The other morning I awoke fresh with energy I haven't experienced for a long time. I jumped out of bed to head to the bathroom. I forgot I was still attached to my CPAP machine....Oops!!!!
I had to laugh. At least I know my mask is comfortable enough that I don't notice it...lolDielaughing

Luckily this only happens once. Two or three times if you're a slow learner. Then it clicks in that - oops, I'm tied down and have to get unplugged first.
Part of being refreshed with energy is remembering what got you that way. The tricky part is if you're really tired and go back to bed without hooking up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to tie down the machine or at least the hose so you don't pull it off the table. The humidifier water can ruin the machine, and you may find insurance won't pay for a replacement. And if it's not an insurance sale, the DME may rip you off for twice the price of an insurance sale.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.