Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gak! That wasn't a fun night...
Gross 
Gak! That wasn't a fun night...
I had a great time on a company bike trip this long weekend. The only hiccup was that the last night we were out, we were staying at a hostel in the middle of the mountains...they had DC power only and no tie-ins available.

Now I remember why I'm on CPAP therapy. I was dead tired after two days of cycling and didn't sleep well due to a combo of cold and no CPAP. I will need to look at battery / travel options for those rare times when 120V power is not available for my S9.

Needless to say, last night was a much better sleep (back at home with power for my CPAP).

Soooo....anyone have any ideas about a easy / light way to do CPAP for a day, maybe two, when power is not available?

Thanks Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gak! That wasn't a fun night...
(09-02-2014, 11:56 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Soooo....anyone have any ideas about a easy / light way to do CPAP for a day, maybe two, when power is not available?

You can get a DC->DC Power cord from resmed that changes the 12VDC (I assume) the hostel has, to the 24VDC that your machine needs.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if insurance will pay for any of the backup power DC power options or DC-DC cabling?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2014, 07:09 PM)Paralel Wrote: Does anyone know if insurance will pay for any of the backup power DC power options or DC-DC cabling?

It seems to be variable depending on the company and policy and how good you are at being a pain in the butt.

Some people here have apparently gotten them others have been told to take a hike.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
  If it wasn't for bad luck......... Big Guy 7 1,277 07-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.