Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gap in data in middle of night?
Gap in data in middle of night?
Hi - Every now and then I have a night with a big gap in the middle. I have the mask on when I wake up so I'm not sure what happened. I'll try to add two photos of my data that show what I mean. Any ideas of what is going on at this time?

I don't seem able to post photos right now. I can just say that everything shows the measurements bottoming out for 45 minutes and then starting up again. Wierd.

C
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gap in data in middle of night?
If you have SmartStart turned on it can be fooled sometimes and turn off the machine, thinking you have taken the mask off. This normally happened to me if I had a lot of major leaks - I am not sure it it can happen other times or not, but if you have it on, I would try it off for a few days and see if it still does it. The other possibility is you lost power during the night? We live way out on the country and that happens occasionally here.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
After your 4th post you can link and post attachments. I agree with Frank, you are probably using smartstart and just not aware of a major leak.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the gap shaded in SleepyHead? Does it indicate BND (breathing not detected)? I have had this when I mashed my face into the pillow which lifted the mask off of my face. If the machine has stopped, there should be no graph if the machine was totally off. It won't appear to be bottomed out, it just won't appear at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this problem with the PR 560 I just bought. At first it was one or two gaps where no data was recorded then more and more gaps appeared. I also wondered about it stopping as mentioned above but after testing it the power supply was clearly not an issue.

To test out other theories can I recommend that you disable both smart start and smart off. I tried this, it made no difference so I sent the machine back. I have a new one on the way as the company were very happy to replace it. They are also very interested in testing it.

I suspect that something like the sensors were faulty and stopped registering my breathing yet it continued to pump air. If it didn't register my breathing then it could not have been providing me with adequate therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could also be a corrupted SD card. Make sure you get all the info into Sleepyhead. When I brought my machine in, they had trouble with the SD card - the info is there but the card isn't working. They gave me a new card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,556 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  My first full night of OSCAR data. How am I looking? frigid 6 785 08-18-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: frigid
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  [Diagnosis] Last Night's Data arkona12 0 294 07-31-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: arkona12
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Record full night of SpO2 data from smartwatches ? BillSteamshovel 4 583 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.