Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gaps in flow rate data?
Gaps in flow rate data?
            Looking at the OSCAR data, I can't explain why I continue to feel so awful during the day each day.  Something's happening that I can't explain.

Does anyone know how to interpret some of the screen shots here?  Had terrible aerophagia last night even with a great soft collar (that had been working for aerophagia).  Went up ever so slightly on IPAP pressure from the night before (from 7 to 7.4) to try to calm some hypopnea related arrousals.  Took the EPAP down to 4.0 from 4.2 (no OSAs, but concerned about any pressure that can create palatal prolapse).

What does it mean when there are "gaps" in the Flow Rate (and all other reporting data) on OSCAR?  It's not because I'm shutting off the machine, or I took my mask off.  I've disabled Easy Start (Stop).  Resmed Aircurve Sense 10  VAuto

Just can't seem to find a way where I actually feel good the next day.  

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gaps in flow rate data?
Please post the entire evening so folks can get an idea of the big picture. If someone would like to see something zoomed in they can ask for it once reviewing.

Everything looks similar to your first post. You are still having some arousals likely from movement, breath hold, then recovery breath.

This has probably been asked before, though I can’t find it at the moment. But why BIPAP-S mode? Doctor/Therapist recommended?
Post Reply Post Reply
    Please post the entire evening so folks can get an idea of the big picture. If someone would like to see something zoomed in they can ask for it once reviewing. INCLUDED

Everything looks similar to your first post. You are still having some arousals likely from movement, breath hold, then recovery breath. 

Why would I be holding my breath? I forgot to mention that last night I mouth-taped again (Hypafix) and ended up with aerophagia and really bad sleep headache today.  So won't be using mouth tape tonight.  

This has probably been asked before, though I can’t find it at the moment. But why BIPAP-S mode? Doctor/Therapist recommended?

I started out with CPAP 6 cm.  Really struggled with that.  They took me to bi-level.  Eventually did better with that.  So I stuck with Bi-level for the last many years.  Tried APAP recently and failed that miserably.  I just can't seem to find a pressure approach that actually works without extreme aerophagia, or more arrousals, or sub-optimal therapy.  

Also - does anyone know what the "gaps" are in Oscar Flow Rate? I seem to feel worse during the day when those occur in Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Rainbow 
Thanks for filling in the missing info. A few comments…

Why are you holding your breath? We all do it as we change position in bed. It’s a natural thing to do. Get uncomfortable, hold our breath, roll over, get comfy, start breathing again. 

I think you meant BIPAP-S, not bilevel. Bilevel is the machine. If S mode works for you, that’s great! I tried it a few times with/without easybreathe and did not do well. We are all different, so whatever works for you is bang on.

You likely have already tried almost every combination, but if you are feeling adventurous giving vauto mode another go may be worth it. Something simple like EPAP 4, PS 4, IPAP max 12. 

The gap in OSCAR is interesting. The only times I’ve seen it is when I either turned off the machine or used semi-smart start/stop. May be worth posting in the Software support forum for the OSCAR gurus to investigate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] ASV Flow Limits kshvine 1 67 Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP? CentralApneaUser909 4 990 05-13-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Flow limitation on bipap(smoothing out) opo218 11 291 05-12-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: opo218
  Clear Airway and Flow limitations UARS SleepyGin 10 338 05-10-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: SleepyGin
  wild pulse rate swings (o2 ring) eok361 2 149 05-10-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: icipher
  AHI 0.00 but flow limits increased jake79 15 435 05-08-2024, 08:40 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Gross [CPAP] Double top flow rate ohno 5 224 05-07-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.