Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gasping for the oxygen
RE: Gasping for the oxygen
Okay one more thing to look at, from what I can tell your machine has an EPR setting available from the user menu, if it's not already at 3, make sure it's enabled and try bumping it up a notch or two. This is Exhale Pressure Relief and will decrease the pressure by 1,2,or3 cm when you exhale.

Try it laying down just resting and then overnight.

It would be a great help if you could look up all the settings and put them in your profile. It seems like the "therapy" settings are working and 1 or more of the "comfort" settings are stopping you from getting good sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Yuppers....start with the base pressure to eliminate the "suffocating" feeling, and then comfort features like humidity and EPR to make it go all night long Smile

Let us know how the higher min pressure is going (give it a few days) and then see about other adjustments. It's easier to make one adjustment at a time and see how it is doing than to make 3 adjustments and hope they are not working against each other.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set the epr to 3 and that helped some also. I didnt get the humidifier because of maintenance. Tried it again last night with bad sucess. Seems like as soon as I fall a sleep is when I'm having problems not 100 % on that but that's what it feels like and looking at the clock that's seems about right
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your machine a data capable machine? If it is you should get sleepyhead. You have two issues with CPAP, the first is the therapy settings and then the comfort settings-being able to make sure that changes here do not effect your therapy.

Personally I had to go to a BiLevel machine, I just could not get used to exhaling into pressure. This is mainly what BiLevels are for and you may just need one.

Start a journal and keep track of your settings and how you did in the morning. Make one small change at a time in the comfort settings until you figure what is best for you. The journal was required for me because after 14 days of changes I was not able to remember what each did.

It would be nice to just have it work, but there are too many variables based on how we feel afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 668 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 523 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Gasping for air with FF mask Jskier 6 381 12-30-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.