Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gel Masks no Forehead
Gel Masks no Forehead
As the title states, are there any Gel-Cushion masks that do not have the forehead armature? My DME is willing to order just about anything I can find. RT says... see it on the internet, print it out, bring it in and we'll run it thru insurance - however, you might be the guinea pig for something new!

Sometimes, you just gota love small towns.

In general, these masks seem to be designed by engineers from planet torture... I've seen some images that are almost disturbing. Now if I can find that mask cowboy1970 uses ( Too-funny )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gel Masks no Forehead
There are a lot of them, and you might be interested in the Circadance Sleepweaver Anew brand cloth CPAP masks. They are made of cloth material rather than silicone and many users rate them very highly for comfort. The Resmed Airfit F10 and Quattro FX do not use forehead support and are a more conventional masks. There are literally dozens of FFM that do not use forehead support. Go to Supplier #1 and search under CPAP Masks/ Full Face and look a the pictures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's the iQ Blue by SleepNet. No where could I find a side view photo of it, though. The front photos look like the hose can be routed up to the headgear but it does not show a forehead support. The same company sells one just like it called the Aura which does have a head support.

As far as gel cushion goes, that's the only one I saw just scanning down the images of one site.

If you want to step outside the gel cushion realm, lack of forehead support is more available.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 09:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are a lot of them, and you might be interested in the Circadance Sleepweaver Anew brand cloth CPAP masks. They are made of cloth material rather than silicone and many users rate them very highly for comfort. The Resmed Airfit F10 and Quattro FX do not use forehead support and are a more conventional masks. There are literally dozens of FFM that do not use forehead support. Go to Supplier #1 and search under CPAP Masks/ Full Face and look a the pictures.
Yep, looked at what seems to be hundreds of masks online (most likely, just the same masks on different sites).

I'll have to look at the Circadance thank you for the suggestion.

I have the QuattroFX - it's the second mask I've tried (the first was the thing I took home from the sleep lab ResMed-Mirrage - too big for my face, but I keep it for a spare. I do like the retaining clip for the cushion part better than the press fit used by the Q-FX.)

I am doing fairly well with the Q-FX; however, the issue I have with the Q-FX is that when that full 14psi hits, if I'm not holding the mask down against my face the pressure will blow the seal out and if it starts to leak I have to turn the machine off to get the seal back.... nothing worse than that farting noise at 3am Dielaughing not sure what will kill me first, the hysterical giggles or the hypoxia! Thus, my interest in the Gel-cushions... maybe they have the same issue?

I know I need a full mask, between my allergies (which for some reason are not bothering me yet this spring... might be that UF-Filter Thinking-about ) and the fact that I've always breathed thru my mouth at night I don't think a nose based one will work.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used nasal pillows exclusively, even when i had sinus infections or other congestive illness. Somehow the pressure seems to open things up, even when I've been mouth breathing during the day. Best of luck in your search. If you buy from someone with a return policy, you can try several until you find the right one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 348 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.