Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gel masks? Custom fit masks?
Gel masks? Custom fit masks?
Hi - Looking for advice on whether the custom fit masks, particularly the gel masks, work? I'm 3 months into APAP therapy - and in the last 2 weeks I really feel like it's making a big difference in my life (no more afternoon fatigue, clearer thinking). So main problem now is the marks the mask leaves on my face for most of the day. I've tried padding the mask, which helps a little bit, but doesn't solve the problem of the lines on my face.

I primarily use the amara minimal view face mask. That one seems to create bags under my eyes. I alternate with the full face mask, which is more comfortable, but leaves deep lines down my face that last until dinner time.

So - any advice on whether a better mask exists? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gel masks? Custom fit masks?
Google for Pad A Cheek. That fixed my Mask Face. I tried to convince my wife it was edgy and hip but she was having none of that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are memory foam masks really safe? POOKISTAN 3 144 04-21-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 6 189 04-20-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 322 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,772 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 536 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 458 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 524 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.