Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long should a rookie stick with a mask
RE: How long should a rookie stick with a mask
So the last two nights I have slept more with my mask then any of the previous nights since I started CPAP around 10/26/20. I feel like I'm sleeping fine but when I wake up its from breathing through my mouth. I use an N30i mask. Before the last couple of nights I would take the mask off after waking up, but then a few nights ago I took the mask off and went back to sleep and then about 30-45 minutes later I woke up and found my heart rate had got up to 127. Normally its around the 40s when I sleep. So I decided to try harder to wear the mask the entire night.

So in regards to waking up from mouth breathing, should I keep trying with this mask or consider a hybrid mask? I do find the nasal cushions to be comfortable and they seem to work for me. I have a cervical collar coming in today or tomorrow (hopefully its the correct size), but I'm hesitant to try taping my mouth. I'd hate to not be able to breath through my mouth if push came to shove.

I've attached my OSCAR info from the last two nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,809 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.