Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] breathing
breathing
hello,im new to the forum but have been using a cpap for about 7 yrs.had great early results using the nose pillows.however lately ive begun having problems.nasal congestion,breathing heavy and headaches.my pressure is at an 8 n I use humidifier but I must admit I rarely clean my equipment.dont smoke n what's baffleing is how it just started in last month or so
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: breathing
It would be best if you supplied more info as to what specific PR machine you are using so we can tell if you can use Sleepyhead with it. If you can you should download it (see link at top of the page) so you can really dive into what is happening with your therapy and the members here can gvie you some feedback.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks,i use the Philips respironics dream station with a pressue thatgoes as high as 8,i use this with the resmed p10 nose pillows.i did another sleep study in sept n was given new machine around then,just recently began having all sorts of trouble.dull headaches in backabove neck area n the difficulty breathing are worst,my AHI is well under 5 at around 3 but that's double what it was a year ago
Post Reply Post Reply
mickey35,
Are you using a DreamStation Cpap or Auto Cpap?

If an Auto Cpap, what is the pressure range? You can order the Clinicians manual for your machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

You should be able to use #SleepyHead with your machine.

Once we get a little more information, we can see if your machine is set up properly, and what may be causing your rise in AHI.

It's also possible your old machine was not working properly, and the new DreamStation is giving the correct AHI.

Now onto the cleaning......you should be changing the filters once a month. Wash your hose and mask once a week or at the least every two weeks. Clean your humidifier chamber once a week, and use distilled water.

As far as not feeling well and having headaches, that could be almost anything. Please see your doctor.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
do you have an SD card?
if so you should be able to use Sleepyhead to help manage your apnea and give us better insight into what is going on.

You cannot provide an active link so provide a link without the url tag from Imgur (see my sig)

What your leakage rates are other events, just a whole lot more insight to what is happening.

first thought is weather, sinus, and humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd start with cleaning the machine thoroughly, just in case any moisture has found some dust and grown some mold. Mold can wreak havoc on your lungs.
Also, you might check the maintenance required for your machine. Mine requires replacing the intake air filters regularly. Perhaps yours has a similar requirement.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mickey35,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 99 2,420 1 hour ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 324 4 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 11 188 7 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 195 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 572 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 444 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.