Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale?
Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale?
Hello,

My issue is with inhale sensitivity; halfway during my sleep my inhales get weaker, likely due to heartburn (I use a nasal pillow mask and my nose gets stuffy), and I suspect the machine is not picking them up and I wake up in an odd position in the middle of the night. 

Is there a setting that can be adjusted to change the trigger sensitivity of the machine, so that it releases air more easily /  in response to a weaker inhale? 

I would be useful to know the name of this setting and whether it exists on Resmed S9 and S10 machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale?
Those settings exist on ResMed BiLevel machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale?
(05-04-2022, 12:14 PM)Gideon Wrote: Those settings exist on ResMed BiLevel machines.

Great, thanks for your response. What would be the name of this feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
The feature name is, "Trigger".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2022, 04:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The feature name is, "Trigger".

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 131 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 237 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 438 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 489 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,165 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.