Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Get my machine on Monday. What settings should I start with?
Get my machine on Monday. What settings should I start with?
Hey guys, hope everyone is well! I get my Resmed airsense 10 autoset in the mail on Monday and I was wondering what settings should I start off with for my first night? I was thinking of doing 4-20 no EPR and then looking at my data to see what changes to make. Please let me know what you guys think as you guys are far better at this than me! Thank you !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Get my machine on Monday. What settings should I start with?
I would raise the minimum pressure to 6 a value of 4 is often insufficient and you can feel air starved
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree with jaswilliams, start at 6 min.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on getting this great machine and embarking on treatment for your apnea!

Ditto on the minimum of 6, and you might try turning the ramp off. Honestly, at the very outset, I would try to avoid settings that could make adaptation difficult. So although I know many experts would disagree, I would suggest setting EPR at 3 and setting your maximum pressure at something like 9. You will know soon enough if the pressure goes up and plasters itself at your maximum ceiling while letting lots of obstructive events occur. That will tell you that you need to raise the maximum, which you can then do by degrees until obstructive events are well controlled.

I also strongly recommend that, with whatever settings you choose, you use the machine in a room other than your bedroom for several hours during the day at the outset, while doing something distracting, like watching TV or reading. This can speed up the process of adapting to the new experience.

Keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sounds great man! Will definitely raise the minimum pressure to 6! I will keep everyone posted!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 247 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,276 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 798 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.