Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Style Disposable Filters VS Resmed S9 filters
ResMed S9 Style Disposable Filters VS Resmed S9 filters
Another example of you DME's ways of making more money for themselves at your expense. I was given a replacement filter for my S9 autoset and noticed that it was much thinner and flimsier than the ResMed filter that came with the device. When I checked the packaging I saw that the label on the filters said ResMed S9 Style Disposable Filters.
Being that the filters from ResMed are thicker and look like they do a better job of filtering I ordered 2 ResMed Hypoallergenic filters from Amazon.
It really pisses me off that the DME is being so cheap as to order these cheap substitutes and charge Medicare as if they are real ResMed filters.
What would you do in this case?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Style Disposable Filters VS Resmed S9 filters
I've made the mistake of ordering the filters without checking not the real deal. I sent them back for store credit and bought the genuine ones locally. Filters are the only item cheaper around here, every other item priced to the hilt
Post Reply Post Reply
Over the years, I've accumulated a large quantity of cpap filters - most of them larger than those used by the S9. Now I just cut them down to fit the S9 and replace them very month. At the current usage rate I may have to purchase filters in three years. Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie

I understand what you are saying. My DME makes more mistakes than they get things right, at least so far. Even my insurance company is coaching them on their billing practices.

About filters, for me anyway, I get 2 per month so I don't get overly concerned about how thin they are because I change them midway through the month.
Post Reply Post Reply
After the first month with my S9 Autoset I looked at the filter and it was as clean as when I got the machine. A month later it was still clean. By the end of the third month or so the filter looked a little dingy, so I threw it in the washing machine with a load of clothes. It came out perfectly clean. It has been over a year since I got the s9 Autoset and I'm still using the same filter.

I must have really clean air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 28 8 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 485 Today, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 5 118 Today, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,437 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,285 Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,888 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 405 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.