Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Sleep Studies This Year
RE: My Sleep Studies This Year
(12-13-2013, 10:11 AM)me50 Wrote:
(12-13-2013, 10:05 AM)Peter_C Wrote: I've been on bilevel (bipap / vpap / whatever) for many years now. I know that in the beginning the air flow change from low to high, low to high - made me do things like count, and try to see if I could 'race' the machine, and stuff like that, but it got 'rid' of my headaches, and finger issues, well, I have always had them, but due to OA so I can't comment on that question.

is finger puffiness a side effect so to speak of OA? Thanks for your info. You are very helpful all the time.

OA = osteoarthritis http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/

For me, it is more swelling of the finger joints, so my entire fingers feel swollen and tight a fair part of most days. And since both issues have been going on for so long, I can't honestly state which came first, or if one could have anything to do with the other.

I do know that I need to be on a bilevel machine (or, actually an ASV machine, but that's another story), and I did get used to it fairly quickly and would never go back to plain CPAP if I could avoid it (my backup machine is my old CPAP, and I had to use it for 2 nights about a year ago - UGH!)
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Those that use a BIPAP, just wondering if you ever, at the beginning of using BIPAP, woke up with a headache and puffy fingers. I also noticed that I coughed a few times during the night at the sleep lab. Would be interested in hearing from those that use ResMed BIPAP machine. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, Friday and Saturday night, I was right back to the fragmented sleep, tired during the day and even had to take a nap!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,605 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  HELP WITH SLEEP STUDIES PLEASE Johnny Bravo 17 1,007 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Johnny Bravo
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 796 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.