Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Data from S9 Escape
Getting Data from S9 Escape
What data is available?

Seems like not much.

Why no AHI?

Hours of use is no help at all.
Is there any real detail?

Took out SD card to put in PC.
Unreadable -- nothing on it.
Windows asked if I wanted to format it.
Said yes and an hour later it was still trying.

How do I get machine to repost data on the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting Data from S9 Escape
(10-09-2013, 07:23 PM)Tabbycat Wrote: What data is available?

Seems like not much.

Why no AHI?

Hours of use is no help at all.
Is there any real detail?

Took out SD card to put in PC.
Unreadable -- nothing on it.
Windows asked if I wanted to format it.
Said yes and an hour later it was still trying.

How do I get machine to repost data on the SD card?

If I am not mistaken, the Escape only shows compliance and not detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tabbycat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Unfortunately, the s9Escape isn't fully data-capable.
Best of luck to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tabbycat
Only usage is available on S9 Escape and SD card. If wanted efficacy data (AHI, leak, detailed data on SD card) you,ll have to upgrade to Elite or AutoSet models. If you,re in US and got the machine thru insurance, talk to your doctor, you might be able to exchange the machine
S9 specification charts http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
To read the data on the machine, you need a specific software. Either ResScan or SleepyHead.

As the others have said, the Escape is a "brick". It only tracks compliance (hours used).

For a list of better machines, http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

If you've not had it long, take it back. Have your doctor write a specific script for which ever machine you want. If it is paid via insurance, contact them and ask about the process to exchange it for one that is better for you. Usually they are renting the machine for X months then buy it outright. All they care about is that you are using it (compliance).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, insurance didn't pay.
I did, with AMEX.

So I have to spend another $1200 of my own money to get the same machine but with actual useful data?

What fun!

ResMed seems to have the same scam going as Garmin, the maker of 650 different GPS models.
I call it "software as hardware." The idea is to sell each model as a self-contained piece of hardware, even though almost any model COULD be easily upgraded with better software -- if the manufacturer would allow it. Software has no value in the consumer's mind -- but hardware does. So the maker pretends the unit is an integrated piece of hardware that can't be upgraded.

New features?
Improvements?

Just toss it and buy a new one!

Should be illegal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 12:33 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Unfortunately, insurance didn't pay.
I did, with AMEX.

So I have to spend another $1200 of my own money to get the same machine but with actual useful data?

What fun!

ResMed seems to have the same scam going as Garmin, the maker of 650 different GPS models.
I call it "software as hardware." The idea is to sell each model as a self-contained piece of hardware, even though almost any model COULD be easily upgraded with better software -- if the manufacturer would allow it. Software has no value in the consumer's mind -- but hardware does. So the maker pretends the unit is an integrated piece of hardware that can't be upgraded.

New features?
Improvements?

Just toss it and buy a new one!

Should be illegal.

how long have you had this cpap machine? Maybe you can go back to where you purchased it and speak with the owner or the manager and tell them you wanted a machine that you could get data on your sleep quality and not just compliance information and see what they say. Your info doesn't say if you are in the U.S. or not but sometimes, paying with AMEX or other credit cards is beneficial to the purchaser.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out Supplier #2 in the Supplier's List (link at top of every page). If you've not had your CPAP for long, they can help you sell it. You can get another from them for much, much less. Can't believe someone sold you a brick for $1200. That's the highest price I've seen.

And it is not just ResMed. All the manufacturers make brick machines. Because insurance and most docs could care less about anything other than compliance. It's like putting a counter on a glucose meter. Don't care what the results were, only that you used it X times a day.

And sadly it's also that the vast majority of CPAP users don't want to know the numbers. They just want to do as they are told. Nothing wrong with that if that is what a person needs to move on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 12:33 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Should be illegal.
I agree, should be made illegal
How could they justify making such useless machines, there is no other such medical equipment ... shame on them
I don,t think its the money because data capable machines only cost few dollars more but data capable machines empower the patients and empowered patient who can think for themselves ... they don't like (the system is corrupt to the core)

Even data capable machine such as S9 AutoSet/Elite can bet set in the hidden menu to operate as S9 Escape non-data capable machine

Post Reply Post Reply
I've found good used CPAP machines on Craigslist, but I've had to wait months to find a good one at the right price. Many people get billed $2500 by the DME for a machine that is available online for $1000, and then want to $800 or so for the machine.

I've bought PRS1 Auto and S9 AutoSets for $300.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,003 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,161 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.