Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting High AHI and Large Percentage of Clear Airway
Getting High AHI and Large Percentage of Clear Airway
Hello,

I'm still getting high AHI and most of my apneas are central, so I'm hoping to get some suggestions on what I should do to better treat my apnea. In the sleep study I was getting about 12 AHI, and on the APAP I've been getting 8+ AHI.

I have a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto on VPAPAuto mode and my settings are PS 4.0 over 9.0-16.0 (cmH2O) - oh, and I'm in San Mateo (San Francisco Bay Area). I have been trying to use the Resmed Nasal Pillow or the Dreamwear Pillow, but I also have the Amara View and the Resmed Memory Foam masks.

Let me know if there's more information needed (I'm new to the forum). 

Max IPAP: 16.0
Min EPAP: 9.0
PS: 4.0
Ti Max: 2.0s
Ti Min: 0.3s
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting High AHI and Large Percentage of Clear Airway
Welcome to the forum.

You are doing a lot better than you think you are.  See how comparatively smooth the Flow Rate is after your Centrals?  That is what good sleep looks like.  See how ragged they look during your Centrals?  That's Awake breathing.  Not surprising this right after you start or restart your BiLevel.   We call that SWJ . . . .   Sleep Wake Junk.  

Please show us tonights chart tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.