Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up
Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up
So after telling my Dr. to switch to another company because the one they ordered from kept saying "still waiting for your new CPAP" (and they had 1 star rating on Google MSC Sleep) All of a sudden, the next day, I get an email saying "My machine is ready and being sent to me", yea ok fine no shady business here...

So I am supposed to receive it tomorrow, but my setup appointment is schedule about 2 weeks from now. I am not going to wait two weeks unless someone here says I might die if I try it without them setting it up and even then I will probably still give it a go. Sooo, is it possible someone could help me set up some ballpark settings and some tips? It's supposed to be a ResMed AirCurve 10 (not sure what version yet)

I am uploading my sleep study and its blurry and supposedly they sent it in the mail today, but hopefully it's enough to help me.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up
Based on your results, the ideal single pressure is 12/9. That can be done with either an Aircurve Vauto or Airsense Autoset with EPR. If you ar getting a Resmed Aircurve 10, it will be either the S or Vauto. For the S, I would simply go with IPAP 11 or 12 and EPAP 8 or 9. The Vauto will self adjust, so just set EPAP min 8.0, Max pressure 14, PS 3.0. Either way will be consistent with the titration results, and you can try higher PS up to 4.0 after a period of observing your results in this range. If you end up with the Autoset, then set minimum pressure to 11, maximum pressure 14 and EPR full-time at 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How many days should I have recorded before I post it here to get a check in?
You are awesome!! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Start with 1 day for a check. IF for whatever reason it is off we will likely spot something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. A night of therapy data tells us more than your test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jdelcore71, 
I concur with Sleeprider regarding the recommended settings, and I’m looking forward to seeing a night of data (with zoom-in’s of critical data moments if possible) when you’re ready.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I got it set up on Saturday, I think successfully. I am posting my Saturday night data, a Sunday nap and my Sunday night data (I usually go to sleep past midnight so the dates might be 1 day off). I tried to follow all the instructions from "OSCAR Chart Organization" but let me know if I should change anything. Also let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for everyone's help!! It means a lot to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, just so you know there are times that I might have had to talk to my son or take a sip of water or rolled over or.....I not sure if you can easily decipher these events out, so let me know if that causes problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your first results look good except for a persistent low-level leak. That does not appear to be affecting therapy, so it is not a priority unless you find the leak disruptive to sleep. AHI is less than 1.5 and looks mostly obstructive. In a new user this is not a concern, but I think a small bump in both minimum EPAP pressure to 8.4 and PS to 3.6 will help to improve comfort and effectiveness. At this point, with good results, your feedback pertaining to comfort and improvement of your sleep is more important to deciding the direction to take on therapy settings..
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, Ill change the settings tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,182 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,002 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.