Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting OSCAR ready for a different PAP machine
RE: Getting OSCAR ready for a different PAP machine
After doing the backup of the data directory, I just plugged in the ResMed SD card.  It did the import with no drama.  So success!  I didn't touch the profile.  The profile was updated to the correct machine.

Some of the pressure statistics are affected, however.  Wasn't expecting that.  Both the monthly and standard view are affected.  Prior to today, the avg, min, max, 95% pressure history was correct.

Maybe this is an artifact of changing machine brands.  Nonetheless, I'd call this a bug.  It's not earth shattering, but I thought it best to bring it up to the OSCAR community's attention.
[attachment=27578]
Post Reply Post Reply
How are they affected? What's incorrect?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2020, 03:18 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: How are they affected? What's incorrect?

Prior to today, the readings for all previous months (avg, min, max, 95%) pressures were non-zero, now most are zero.  Zeroing data, in my opinion isn't what a sleep analysis tool should do...
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is the Resmed uses a different representation of the summary data so all data prior to last night that differs from the Dreamstation will be zero as there is no data. This is the issue of merging two machine types
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I noticed that today.  Apparently the difference went over my head yesterday due to poor sleep.  Sorry for the false report.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 306 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 551 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Different AHI reported by Oscar and my machine Pixel Ninja 9 1,424 06-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Setup of New Machine in OSCAR Melman 1 545 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 625 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR: Couldn't Find Valid Machine Data Kyriosjon 11 1,386 05-24-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar Sofie 5 2,096 03-26-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.