Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Started with AirSense 10 autoset
Getting Started with AirSense 10 autoset
I am in the process of receiving my first machine and mask.  I went with the Resmed Air touch f20 after some research. (Mouth breather with full beard) 
I’m wanting to attempt to treat my snoring as well as what I am positive is sleep apnea. 
I have been researching various forums, Reddit etc. I can tell there are a ton of knowledgeable people here

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the baseline settings I should use for when I get started? I know they will have to be adjusted at some point, but where is a good starting point? Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting Started with AirSense 10 autoset
Welcome to the forum. Did you have a sleep study? If so please post it with your personal info redacted. If you don't have a copy please summarize as best you can. What was your AHI and the breakdown of events (i.e. obstructive, central, and hypopnea). What pressure prescribed. In the absence of any information I would suggest starting with a min pressure of 6, a max pressure of 20, and EPR at 2. Be sure to post OSCAR data as son as you can. Innstructions on how to change machine settings are here: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

See the link below on how to organize your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have a diagnosis yet. I downloaded Oscar and have it all set up.  I would assume in a percent world if I see the machine is only maxing out at day 12 and my Ahi is good etc I would lower the max down to 12?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree about setting it to 6-20 at first, and see what the machine does.

4 & 5 are pediatric pressures. My dr Rxed 5 for me, and after a week or so I was feeling air-starved while trying to sleep. After I raised my pressure to 6, it was much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the machine maxes out at 12, and there are no other issues you are trying to address, you could just leave the max at 20. The machine won’t raise pressure on you without a reason.

Sounds like you are self-diagnosing and self-treating. Do I have the right picture? The reason I ask is that this could be useful for the experts to know later on.

It’s great that you’re ready to go with Oscar. You’ll get more advice once you can post a chart.

When your machine and mask arrive, try using them during the day sitting up while you read or watch TV. This will help you get used to the experience. Also, I’d suggest looking at a video on line about fitting your chosen mask.

Here’s wishing you a smooth and easy start!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 396 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.