Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interruptive Events Not Being Tagged - What Is this?
Interruptive Events Not Being Tagged - What Is this?
            So I'm fairly new (3 months in) to my CPAP journey and while it looks like I have things controlled on paper, but I've been having some disruptive events. Here's 2 clips from last night, they look to me like a series of severe flow limitations on the border of an obstruction but the machine isn't classifying anything. This particular sequence of events was severely disruptive to me last night. You'll notice 3 such limitations that tank my tidal volume. Any idea what settings I should tweak? Right now I'm using a P10 with mouth taping at a relatively low setting of 7.4 with EPR set to 2. Again the numbers look good but events like this make me things there's more to the story. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interruptive Events Not Being Tagged - What Is this?
You need an event to last 10 seconds to be tagged.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply. To me it looks like that event lasted about 30 seconds or more: 51:15 - 51:45. I'm not sure how they define "reduction in airflow" but the tidal volume was definitely reduced 50% or more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume and minute vent don't come into play unless you are using ASV or IVAPS.

Events are determined based on the flow rate. I can see smaller "breaths" during the event period. I'm not sure how much time is needed from determine reduced breathing as it is a moving average.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 58 2 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 15 426 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.