Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Last nights data. 

Am still waking a few times in the night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data.

Seems like no matter what I try I am always waking up multiple times in the night and feeling crappy the next day.

Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Which mask are you using, the full face or pillows? Are you still using tape?

I see the disruptions/wake ups on your graph. Looking at the first part of the night, there are no events or pressure swings that might wake you, but there are leaks.

The leaks aren't bad enough to affect therapy, but I see a combination of mouth breathing and mask movement. This would be enough to cause sleep disruptions, especially if you're sensitive to that. I know some people can actually sleep through leaking all night.

I just don't see anything major on your graphs, other than the leaks to cause all those wake ups. Even your pressure looks pretty smooth, and doesn't go much beyond 9 or 10.

Let's try setting EPR to 1, and see if CA's drop.

One more thing... when you wake up, I can see you actually turn the machine off. This can become a habit. Try this: When you wake up, adjust your mask if need be, so that you don't hear any leaks, and stay in bed with the machine on. Don't turn it off, don't get up... but just try to go back to sleep.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the nasal pillows and taping my mouth shut.

I've tried using the hose holder but I don't know if this is actually making things worse as it seems to pull it, even with all of the hose 'available'.

When I wake up during the night, I need the toilet (to wee) every time. I've tried not consuming any liquids 2-3 hours before bed and it is still the case. This is why I turn the machine off.

Thank you for your constant help, it truly is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data with EPR set to 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, forgot to attach.

Feeling so tired today that I slept for 2 hours when i got home from work.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my situation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Swilliams, the difference in CA was negligible between 1 and 2 EPR. Would you characterize your sleep as less satisfactory with the lower EPR? Your comfort and sleep quality is a primary objective rather than numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I find it slightly less comfortable with the lower EPR, although I do not really notice a huge difference so I would say the comfort change is negligible.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with SleepRider. Right now, your sleep "quality" is pretty bad.

I just went back to the start of this thread and looked over your charts again.
There was no or very little difference in using EPR 1, 2, or 3. The FL stayed fairly low,
CA's didn't change too much. So at this point, use the setting that you feel most comfortable with.

I don't see anything else in your data (other than leaks) that cause you to wake up so much.

The one steady issue is the leaks. I think you need to try a different style mask. Unfortunately, this can be the hardest part of therapy.

In addition, how is your Sleep Hygiene? Try going to bed close to the same time. Don't eat or drink several hours before sleep.

Try to think of things that cause sleep disruptions. Is your room comfortable? Too hot or too cold? Are your bed pillows comfortable? Do you keep your room dark enough to promote sleep.

Are you taking medicines or do you have other health issues that affect sleep?

These are just a few things you have to take a look at and make changes if necessary.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know my CAs aren’t enough to warrant an ASV prescription but if I could just buy one would this possibly make my sleep quality better? (Insurance doesn’t cover this anyway)

Obviously the leaks are my main priority at the moment but even on my sleep study I think that CAs are the highest factor.

My sleep hygiene is good, I go to bed at the same time every night. The room is dark and cool, I don’t eat or sleep a few hours before bed.

I’m not taking any medications.

About 6 months ago I was still managing to live  a ‘normal’ life and had the energy to go the the gym everyday, but my tiredness was getting worse up to today.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 350 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,716 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,594 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.