Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
How is your mask fitting?  There's a lot of leaks throughout the night, along with the flow limitation.   The leak rate isn't affecting your therapy, but it is more than likely keeping you from getting a good nights sleep.

Did you have a chance to look over the Mask Primer?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

The only change you may want to try is setting the EPR to 2. This may help with the clear airway events.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2023, 09:55 PM)OpalRose Wrote: How is your mask fitting?  There's a lot of leaks throughout the night, along with the flow limitation.   The leak rate isn't affecting your therapy, but it is more than likely keeping you from getting a good nights sleep.

Did you have a chance to look over the Mask Primer?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

The only change you may want to try is setting the EPR to 2.  This may help with the clear airway events.

The mask has been fitting well prior to last night. I woke up and don't think I put it back on properly in my tired state in the night. 

If everything is working well, should I still have OA happening?

I'll try the EPR at 2 tonight and see how that goes.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2023, 10:21 PM)swilliams92 Wrote: If everything is working well, should I still have OA happening?

Let's see if EPR 2 makes a difference.  The EPAP is what sprints your airway open to prevent Obstructives.  I'm waiting to see your most recent chart.  Hopefully, your leak rate is down.

You may need a little higher pressure, but hesitate with high leaks.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the night 4 data.

My mask got really uncomfortable in the night and was digging into my ears and I was getting small leaks around my face which I couldn't seem to sort in the night so I took it off half way through.

Think I'm going to order a nasal pillow and try that. 

This isn't covered on my insurance and no supplier offers mask trials or returns so this is another expense haha.

What do you think of the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of your grief comes from having a mask that's not working for you.
Hopefully the nasal pillows will be a better fit.

Bringing the EPR down a notch also seemed to lower the CA's and Obstructives a bit, but the problem being is that you need EPR to tackle the Flow Limitation.

So raise your minimum pressure to 8cm if your comfortable with it, if not then try
7.6cm. Also raise the EPR back to 3.

Give this a couple nights.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully. The mask doesn't seem to really fit my face properly.  It feels too small for my mouth and I have to have it very tight to get a seal. The second I move slightly in bed apart from being on my back there is an issue.

I hope the nasal pillows will be arriving today.

Here is the data from night 5 (still using the F30 mask)
Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers are down a little. With the use of EPR 3 and a little higher minimum pressure, FL, Obstructives and Hypopnea are down. Clear Airways about the same... which is good in my opinion.

The leak rate is a little better, but still too much. I believe if you find the right mask with minimal leaking, your sleep will be less disrupted.

Hold steady with these settings until your new mask arrives. Be sure you use a nasal gel when using a pillows mask.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

It’s ordered and on the way.

What do you mean nasal gel? Like a nasal spray?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Ayr Saline Nasal Gel.  It's very light, not greasy, and you just need a dab in lower nostrils before putting on mask.  It keeps your nose from dryness.  

Also use Xlear Nasal Spray if I feel congested.  It's a natural and safe product.  

You can find these in any store.  I usually order from Amazon.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll order them.

Here is data from night 6. 

I really am not liking the mask and took it off for a bit mid-sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 398 51 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,601 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.