Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Swilliams92, let's see how it goes with EPR at 2. The nasal pillows will flow air easier and I think EPR 2 should still feel like good ventilation but may reduce the CA events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.

There was a lot of leaks last night. It might have been because I used a cpap hose for the first time.

Would lowering the EPR lead to more leaks?

I'll try again with these settings tonight without the hose.

My apple watch did record a blood oxygen level of 90% still and I'm still not really feeling refreshed when I wake/the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the change to EPR 2, the CA's dropped from 2.37 to 1.41.  So that's a plus!

However, I don't see that changing EPR has much affect on leaks.  

The spikes on the leak graph tend to indicate mask movement (which can cause leaks)
The flat top areas on the leak graph tend to indicate either mouth breathing or your jaw is dropping open at night and causing air to escape.

The leak rate is over what we like to see, but it's not extremely high.  It is enough to disrupt your sleep.  

Your oxygen level at 90% is a little on the low side.  Keep watch on that.  If it continues to stay low, you need to discuss with your doctor.

One other thing:  What do you mean by this statement?

"It might have been because I used a cpap hose for the first time."
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2023, 09:31 AM)OpalRose Wrote: With the change to EPR 2, the CA's dropped from 2.37 to 1.41.  So that's a plus!

However, I don't see that changing EPR has much affect on leaks.  

The spikes on the leak graph tend to indicate mask movement (which can cause leaks)
The flat top areas on the leak graph tend to indicate either mouth breathing or your jaw is dropping open at night and causing air to escape.

The leak rate is over what we like to see, but it's not extremely high.  It is enough to disrupt your sleep.  

Your oxygen level at 90% is a little on the low side.  Keep watch on that.  If it continues to stay low, you need to discuss with your doctor.

One other thing:  What do you mean by this statement?

"It might have been because I used a cpap hose for the first time."

I meant that I used the cpap hose holder for the first time. 

I think it pulled the mask more than just having the cable come out of the back of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I was thinking you meant hose holder. Smile

It could be that you're not leaving enough slack on the hose to allow you to move freely. It might be tugging at your hose when you move around. Your hose holder should be adjustable.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2023, 10:27 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ah, I was thinking you meant hose holder.  Smile

It could be that you're not leaving enough slack on the hose to allow you to move freely.  It might be tugging at your hose when you move around.  Your hose holder should be adjustable.

Haha, early morning typo!

I'll have a play with it and see if I can get it working. 

Might try without it tonight as leaks didn't seem to be an issue before!

I'm thinking of getting a pulse oximeter to track my blood o2 more accurately (than what my watch currently does). I've searched and am looking at the wellvue o2 ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data.

Seems to be quite bad with the leaks again, and quite a bit of mouth breathing?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data.

I'm still feeling really tired in the day. Have 0 energy and still have to nap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We've tried several EPR settings. Let's try turning it off and see if we can bring the CA's down.

Are you using nasal pillows? You have a lot of mask movement and some mouth breathing.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.

I've only tried the EPR at 2 and 3. I'll try it off tonight.

Yeah, I am using the p10 nasal pillows. I am trying to train my tongue to rest at the top of my teeth. 

Any other tips/suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 60 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,446 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 65 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,994 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.