Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a full face mask for side sleeper
Getting a full face mask for side sleeper
I have tried nasal pillows and nasal masks, but my sinus's can't take them.
Even though I have fought the idea of a full face mask I think it's my only choice.

I sleep on my side and can turn over both over and under.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a full face mask for side sleeper
(08-12-2013, 06:24 PM)markrb Wrote: I have tried nasal pillows and nasal masks, but my sinus's can't take them.
Even though I have fought the idea of a full face mask I think it's my only choice.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark, I first tried a nasal mask (Wisp) and then a pillows mask (Swift FX) and I am wondering what about them bothered your sinuses. You see, i had problems too, and finally figured out it was the SCENT in the stuff I was washing them with. Made my nose stuffy and itch and eyes itch and water. Now I use a small amt of vinegar in hot water to wash them with and I dont have problems anymore.Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2013, 06:24 PM)markrb Wrote: I have tried nasal pillows and nasal masks, but my sinus's can't take them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark, I use a FFM and can sleep on my sides or back, whichever suits. It is basically the same as nasal pillows or a mask but larger. It helps me because I'm a mouth breather and will never change. The other advantage is if you have a cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Quattro FX and always side-sleep. I never have any problems with it; but, one of the quirks of Full Face Masks is that due to the way they have to fit over a larger portion of your face, they are highly dependent on face shape, features etc. This means you will probably have to try a few, and maybe different sizes of each before you find a good match for you. I would recommend giving the Quattro FX a shot and make sure to try the right size for you (use the fitting guide); but don't hesitate to move on and try something else if it gives you fits. I've heard some good things about the new mask, Quattro Air - heard some bad things too...unfortunately it'll just come down to trial and error.

Hopefully you get lucky and get a good match right off the bat.

Best of luck.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try to wash them with something else, but I went into this knowing I had sinus issues.

The Quattro FX was on the top of my list to try unless I got feedback saying to try something else.

Thanks for the replies,

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
I too use the quatro mirage. It is my first mask but I would be hard pressed to try a different mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Quattro Air and turn over every which way when I sleep. It works better than the Quattro Mirage as the cushions are thicker and contour themselves to your face better without cinching down. Also, it is more rounded in the corners so when you turn and the corner hits the pillow, it is less likely to get pushed off and start leaking. (Best feature is that the exhause air is dispersed so your sleeping partner doesn't get hit with a stream of air).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 400 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 256 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 693 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.