Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a machine advice
RE: Getting a machine advice
I think keeping pressure at 8.0 for the moment and omitting the MAD makes more sense. We have a good week of baseline data and that lets us see if there is any effect. You have sussed out my approach to problem solving pretty well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights results attached.  Better results but 1 night does not make a trend.  Still lots of centrals.

Any takeaways from this chart?  I thought the Hypopnea and OA would go up for sure.  

As a reminder I kept the pressure at 8 and did not use my MAD that I had been using all along up to this point.

Post Reply Post Reply
First, how do you feel?   Try going to the "Events" tab on the left side of the Daily screen and expand the Clear Airway event listing.  What is the time range that your Clear Airways are reporting?  This is the number within the parenthesis.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like garbage.  Definitely worse than before starting CPAP but also different.  I feel like my brain doesn't work, having trouble comprehending and focusing on what i am working on.  And sleepy like i could fall back asleep right now.  Before CPAP I was a lethargic and fatigued, but not where i could fall asleep if i laid down.

The central events are between 10 and 27 with an average of 14.5 and median of 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also yawning a lot more and I had a dream last night that I remember.  I very rarely dream and never yawn.  Last two days I am yawning like crazy.  I also feel and looked tired in my eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume the results from last night was without the oral device, and there s no change in the composition of events or leak rated, and event rate is slightly lower. I'd like to see what happens at a lower pressure, but feel free to move at your own pace.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Correct.  Pressure of 8 and no Oral appliance last night.

My thoughts, since there are very few Hypopneas and Obstructives Apneas why wouldn't I lower the pressure?  Higher pressure is not going to do anything to help remove the centrals but could possibly cause them, correct?

Keep slowly lowering the pressure until Hypopneas or Obstructives start to show up.

Maybe take it down to 7 tonight and see the results? 

Open to feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your thoughts on this mirror my own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So lets talk ramp. 

I noticed that there are not any events flagged during the ramp period on any of my reports.  Is that on purpose that it doesn't count anything during the ramp period or do I never have any events during the ramp period?

Second question If I am pretty much falling asleep right away after putting the mask on should I limit the ramp or turn it off especially if I am turning the pressure down to 7 that is not much?  My DME was very adamant about using the ramp and if I ever wake up in the middle I gotta hit the ramp.  I kept asking why and he wouldn't give me an answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us that have been using PAP a while don't use ramp. The machine does not record or react to events during ramp. It is a comfort feature for you to use as needed and you can change the pressures, time or turn it off when it no longer meets your needs.

I can't explain why a respiratory therapist or DME would be concerned about ramp. It's purpose is comfort to help a new user adapt to the use of pressure gradually. It has no therapeutic value.

On another topic, auto-pressure, I would have normally suggested a range of pressure for your machine. The prevalence of central events is the reason we have not gone there. Central apnea typically worsens with pressure variations and it's hard to correlate events to the device pressure settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 165 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 255 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.