Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a machine advice
RE: Getting a machine advice
Here you go.  Coincidentally (or not) 4:40 is right around the time my wife gets up to go to work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy. I'll have to defer to better chart readers. Standby for info. I have yet to experience my caffeine kick in. Bad night sleeping does that. I don't like seeing these events of CA popping up with a straight 7 pressure.

I can't remember, was there discussion of your sleep study events? And had you posted one to look at?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say all of the in lab sleep studies I have had over the years for diagnostic all of the events we largely labeled on the sleep study as Hypopneas w/Arousal.  ~90+%.  Very few central, obstructives, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK yeah let's allow the experts to chime in. I'm still not up to par yet today. I think there's an indicator of something amiss, but I'm not as good at picking things out as are others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the pattern is typical for mild central apnea with periodic breathing. My opinion has always been that "hypopnea with arousal" or most of your arousal events is related to a central breathing pattern that results from a hypocapnia that approaches your apneic threshold. https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/d...004.028985 It's central, but also related to increased ventilation from CPAP. You don't desaturate SpO2 during these episodes, but the breathing attenuation or pause allows CO2 to build, and that restarts normal respiration. There is an easy fix for this called enhanced expiratory rebreathing space (EERS) and it simply stabilizes CO2 by adding a segment of tube between the mask and vent so that a small amount of air containing expiratory CO2 is re-breathed on every breath. It's rarely used, but we have several members that use it as an alternative to ASV for mild idiopathic central events like yours. Member Foxfire is someone to talk to. Here is our wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
as far as EERS, if you want to try it, will require 1 mask, we will block the vents so you cannot us it as a 'normal mask, generally a no no, then add a short length of tube, it comes in 6-inch cuttable segments, and a new 'vent' so too much CO2 is not introduced, and a hose connecter. Actually pretty simple
Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely look into the EERS.  It seems as though this is going in that direction, and everything you all have mentioned makes sense.

In the meantime, I think i am going to drop the EPR back down from 1 to 0 and drop the pressure from 7 to 6.  Since I am not having any issues with OAs or HAs and mostly only centrals are showing up I think it makes sense to drop the pressure and see if there is any change.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

One thing i did notice that may be (or might not be) an important data point.  I have been averaging around 8 Hypopnea per night and every night for the last two weeks since i started every Hypopnea that is flagged is exactly 10 seconds long.  All the centrals are all over the place but the Hypopnea EVERYTIME are exactly 10 seconds.  Any takeaways from that?

My initial thoughts are that I am having a lot more hypopneas than are flagged, but they are resulting in an arousal before they hit the 10 second mark and may be contributing along with the centrals A to why i am so tired.

thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on-board with a trial at 6-cm. Nothing really to add at this point and I think you've become proficient at interpreting this data. We will just be here for support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my understanding is that machines don't report duration of hypopnea but earlier versions of sleepyhead and maybe oscar reported them as 10 seconds because that's the minimum time for an apnea/hypopnea to be flagged. I believe the duration for hypopnea has been removed from current version of oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights results at a pressure of 6.  No EPR.  The least amount of OAs and HAs I have had yet.  That is definitely the opposite of what i would expect.  I would think lowering the pressure would cause more OAs and HAs.  

At this point is the CPAP even doing anything for me?  Besides either causing or at a minimum not fixing my CA problem?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 256 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.