Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a machine advice
RE: Getting a machine advice
It sounds similar to what I'm dealing with on sometimes faster than needed heart rate, either palpitations or arrhythmia or similar is my issue. Whatever it's really called, my heart rate goes up for no reason, I get short of breath, and need to sit due to increased fatigue during the episodes.

The lockdown caused my cardio chemical stress test to be cancelled, but a 30 day holter monitoring revealed whatever the medical term is for the opposite section of the heart sometimes taking control of rhythm, and doing a poor job on timing. I think it was tachycardia arrhythmia, but I am not sure I recall it correctly right now. My short term memory is really poor here lately. Until I get the stress test, the cardio doc doesn't have the info to discuss actions. I know for me a pacemaker is out, because I have a spinal cord stimulator for pain implanted already.

Don't be too quick to associate your issue directly with mine, because these may not even be related. Regardless, best to you on getting an answer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone think I would benefit from the EERS that was mentioned previously?  I’m going to try to go the ASV route but I’m thinking even best case scenario I am at least a few months from that. Looking to try some things in the meantime. 

Or is the EERS strictly for treatment emergent CAs and we are not thinking that that is the cause of my CAs?

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2020, 11:16 AM)dolppl Wrote: Does anyone think I would benefit from the EERS that was mentioned previously?  I’m going to try to go the ASV route but I’m thinking even best case scenario I am at least a few months from that. Looking to try some things in the meantime. 

In general (not making any recommendation specific to you), the nice thing about EERS is it's simple and cheap, and easy enough to see if it works for you.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
The zoomed views of your CA events from the end of April hint that the CA is CO2 driven and as such may respond to EERS.
This will relegate a mask to EERS only use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. So I’ve been reading up on this EERS. And it is a little confusing. Just want to make sure I have it straight.

I use a nasal mask and have slimline tubing. And an extra mask and tubing if this doesn’t work out and need to go back

1.  Take some putty and block off the current vent holes in the mask. 

2.  Attach the slimline tubing To the mask (like normal)

3.  Attach Swivel vent recommended in the EERS Wiki to the end of the tubing (are these made to fit together?)

4.  Attach 6” CORR a flex tubing to the other end of swivel vent. (Are these meant to go together?)

5.  Attach other end of CORR a flex tubing to CPAP. 

6.  Enjoy expired CO2. 

Notes:  No safety/anti-asphyxiation vent needed because I’m using a nasal mask. I ask this because the wiki shows this vent in at least 1 of the examples even though it is with a nasal mask. 

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2020, 01:33 PM)dolppl Wrote: Ok. So I’ve been reading up on this EERS. And it is a little confusing. Just want to make sure I have it straight.

I use a nasal mask and have slimline tubing. And an extra mask and tubing if this doesn’t work out and need to go back

1.  Take some putty and block off the current vent holes in the mask.  This mask cannot be used without EERS going forward.

2.  Attach the slimline tubing To the mask (like normal) No
Attach the 6" CORRaFlex to the Mask, this is your dead space.

3.  Attach Swivel vent recommended in the EERS Wiki to the end of the tubing (are these made to fit together?) No, Wrong order
Attach the swivel vent to the end of the CORRAaFlex, terminating the deadspace and venting here.

4.  Attach 6” CORR a flex tubing to the other end of swivel vent. (Are these meant to go together?) No, Wrong order
Attach the Slimline Hose to the Swivel vent

5.  Attach other end of CORR a flex tubing to CPAP. CORRaFlex never attaches directly to the CPAP
Attach the Slimline hose to the CPAP as normal.

6.  Enjoy expired CO2. 

Notes:  No safety/anti-asphyxiation vent needed because I’m using a nasal mask. I ask this because the wiki shows this vent in at least 1 of the examples even though it is with a nasal mask. Correct

7. Titrate by using 6 (above), then 12, and finally 18 inch segments of CORRaFlex tubing. The tubing has 'joints' at 6 inch intervals.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
I got it now. I had it all flipped, makes way more sense now. Just dropping down the vent 6” basically. And then keep adding 6” if not getting better results.  Excellent. Thank you. 

Sometimes the easy stuff gets past me but I can figure the difficult stuff out, typical engineer.  That is why I always talk to technicians I work with when changing something around first. I always miss something easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2020, 02:02 PM)bonjour Wrote: This mask cannot be used without EERS going forward.

Why do you say this?

Just remove the putty? That's all it took for me to reverse the mod and use my mask without EERS.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering the same thing. 

I am also wondering. If the CAs are because of a lack of CO2, wouldn’t I just stop breathing enough to add more CO2 and then start breathing again?  And if so, would this be enough to cause an arousal?  If not, I would think the central’s would not cause fragmented sleep. Or are there other factors at play here?
Post Reply Post Reply
My assumption is that the putty will not easily be removed, thus with an abundance of caution. . . . . .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 782 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.