Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions)
Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions)
So, I've been on a Resmed S9 BiPAP for about 7.5 years now.  I've got the go ahead from my Doctor and insurance to get a new machine.  Based on personal experience and continued horror stories from local friends about the local DME suppliers, I want to buy my new machine online.  (I should note I typically buy my replacement supplies through Amazon)

Based on the reviews here on the forum, I'm planning to get the Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto.

My questions are this:

1.  Can you guys recommend a good online supplier with good prices and support to purchase my new machine?

2.  I've never used a heated hose... what have been your experiences with them and what does it seem to help with?

Thanks,
Nik
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions)
Supplier #2 is selling new in-box Aircurve 10 Vauto for $1299. It is always better to call online suppliers to request a quote than to rely on posted prices. They may have some room to discount or add in accessories due to minimum advertised price restrictions by the manufacturer. I would not hesitate to buy used if you can find a low-hour machine at a fair price. Heated tubes are great and not that expensive compared to standard Slimline tube. I have always used one and have no basis to compare to non-heated tube. They last a long time and do prevent condensation. This reduces maintenance because there is no moisture that can allow establishment of bacteria, mold or mildew. Even more important, a fleece cover makes the tubing more comfortable and quieter.

If you have insurance, find out who may be in-network besides your local DME, and determine what documentation is needed for out of network reimbursement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 is a great company my son and I both bought a VAUTO from them. We both bought a used machine. Mine had less than month and my son got one with 1 week of use. They come w 2 hoses one heated. The warranty is one year and I bought another year for 50$. The price of each - with free shipping and no sales tax was 799$ each

You can call the COMPANY a
No ask the hours on the machine (hour can NOT be changed) so you know exactly what you are getting.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Last week I purchased a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto and I priced every supplier on the Supplier List. The cheapest I found on the list was Supplier #1 for 1:275.00. This week they are back to the $1,726.00 price. I ended up purchasing mine from Cheap Cpap Supplies. I got the VAuto, my wife’s AirSense 10 Autoset and 2 heated hoses for a total of 964.00 after applying promo codes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the responses.  I'll be checking them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your device does not have an obsolete 3G modem if it is communications enabled.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 52 875 4 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,151 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.