Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Think I might have ruined my humidier tub...
RE: Think I might have ruined my humidier tub...
I think:

The washable tub is worth the cost from online suppliers. Or from local DME if insurance will cover.

As long as you have more than one tub, put any of the disassembled tubs in the dishwasher. At worst, you're out the cost of a tub.

I even wash the older style "unopenable" non-dishwash tub. They're not that hard to disassemble as long as you figure it out once and have a spare in case you break it. I'd rather risk some sort of damage to the tub than risk having crud growing in the tub because I couldn't clean it well.

I've washed my "unopenable" tub in the dishwasher dozens of times. The aluminum may be a little bit "frosty" looking, but I'd still rather have that than a tub I really can't wash well.

I really like having two tubs so I can wash one, and let it sit dry for a week to help prevent germ growth.

The S9 tanks have an advantage in terms of seals because even if the seal goes bad, it can't leak water into the machine because the water says entirely within the aluminum tub. There are no "wet" seals like in the PRS1 water tanks.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2013, 05:20 PM)archangle Wrote: The S9 tanks have an advantage in terms of seals because even if the seal goes bad, it can't leak water into the machine because the water says entirely within the aluminum tub. There are no "wet" seals like in the PRS1 water tanks.
I actually found a few drops on the hot plate of the H5i this morning when I lifted the tub out. Not sure if it was condensation or spillage, but I'll keep en eye on it. I just wiped it off with a cloth.

Good point about germ growth. What I have been doing is hand-washing the tub in the morning with soap, then laying out the parts to dry in time for bed. Maybe I ought to alternate tubs to give each one an extra day to dry. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2013, 05:45 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I actually found a few drops on the hot plate of the H5i this morning when I lifted the tub out. Not sure if it was condensation or spillage, but I'll keep en eye on it. I just wiped it off with a cloth.

When I fill the tub, I sometimes get a few drops on the outside if I don't wipe it off before putting it into the humidifier.

The way the hose works, if water condenses in the hose, it might flow into the tub instead of the tank if it drains back toward the humidifier.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2013, 05:45 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I actually found a few drops on the hot plate of the H5i this morning when I lifted the tub out.
Me too, no overfilling or spillage ... don,t know where came from
Maybe "angels share" Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Health] Sleep apnea has ruined my life. NYPT 25 11,951 06-19-2021, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  SLEEP DOCTOR RUINED MY CARD pavelow360 16 2,889 03-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: pavelow360
  No heat from ResMed S9 H5i humidier remltr 7 5,820 12-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.