Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a nichtvision camera.
Getting a nichtvision camera.
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a camera with nichtvision. I seem to be having some unwanted activity in the night that I need to record and show to my neuro doc. Any recommendations? 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a nichtvision camera.
If you are a do-it-yourselfer, the Raspberry Pi and it's associated PiNoir infrared camera make a nice combination, although you might need to add some infrared LEDs to light up the scene.
Other than that, a lot of security cameras have infrared lights built in. They may not record continuously, but rather use motion detection - I haven't looked into them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a Wyzecam ($25) and expect to receive it Monday. My plan is to put it on the headboard to track movement. It can be set to record only movement, so should work to tell me what position I am sleeping in when, and allow me to compare that to Sleepyhead graphs. I do have a Wyzecam already and works nicely with my Android smartphone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wyzecam and PiNoir seem like great tools!  However, in my mind the most important is data – I'm averse to "cloud" storage; are there affordable ways to record the feed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Foscam IP Camera. It allows for either wired and wireless network connections, as well as an on-board sd card slot. You can then designate a PC on the network to be the video storage device. Because of this camera, I found that the CA's I was getting was from tuning over during the night.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 04:02 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: Wyzecam and PiNoir seem like great tools!  However, in my mind the most important is data – I'm averse to "cloud" storage; are there affordable ways to record the feed?

Wyzecam has a microSD slot where you put an up-to 32 GB microSD card.  I've not used it yet.  There is free cloud storage for 14 days.  There may be some workarounds to avoid going to the cloud; blocking in your router for example.  But I have not tested that.

Fyi, you can do time lapse recording with the Wyzecam.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a link for a time lapse video program and someone with sleep apnea who used it.

http://www.nimisis.com/projects/flix.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duivU65Rn4o

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, folks, this is great info!  Years ago I filmed myself with a camcorder and discovered that I never moved.  Now, however, I do move quite a bit, and usually turn to the other side (can't sleep on my back) at least once per session.  I'm chasing leaks and the clerical collar that finally came doesn't seem to be reducing the problem.  I'm interested in doing the kind of analysis Crimson Nape has done and these comments have been an eye-opener for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 04:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I use a Foscam IP Camera.  It allows for either wired and wireless network connections, as well as an on-board sd card slot.  You can then designate a PC on the network to be the video storage device.

Another Foscam (now rebranded Armcrest) IP camera user here. Had them for several years, now. I'm also averse to "cloud" storage.

Use them for security around the hacienda. Never trained them on myself as I sleep, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 11:01 PM)Sheepish Wrote: <snip>
Never trained them on myself as I sleep, though.

That's smart; no matter how well-trained they are, they might leak embarrassing pics/vids of your nocturnal activities.

Now that that paranoid idea has occurred to me, I'm liking pholynyk's Raspberry Pi/PiNoir solution a lot more!  (If vids of my nocturnal thrashing got on the 'Net, I'd have exorcists swarming to try to deliver me!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera monitoring + Oscar laurent123 16 2,110 05-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Camera shows highly disturbed sleep but numbers are "good" geauxdbl 33 4,037 03-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: geauxdbl
  need recommendation for reasonably priced night video camera Haley 6 1,694 03-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Video camera to record sleeping RichardVT 7 3,385 12-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Last Post: RichardVT
Cool [Equipment] Testing an Infrared time lapse camera. Shastzi 11 4,967 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.