Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a nichtvision camera.
RE: Getting a nichtvision camera.
The camera idea has worked for lots of folks - just make sure to remember to sync the camera time with the cpap time when you start your session. Due to cpap clock drift it is easy for the two to get out of sync in just a few days.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
How would I sync the two together? Seems impossible without some kind of interface.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2018, 02:25 AM)crowtor Wrote: How would I sync the two together? Seems impossible without some kind of interface.

I initially use my computer's time to set both CPAP and camera.  Now comes the variable in all this; Resmed has a start ramp to the initial pressure (about 2cm per second), regardless of any other ramp option.  I don't know when it starts recording data, at blower-on or when it reaches initial pressure.  For this reason, I start my CPAP then start the camera recording.  I then turn off the CPAP then back on. I signal as I turn it off.   Now, after a night's recording I look at the ending time in SleepyHead for this session,  I then look at the video time listed for the power-off signal.  By comparing the 2 times I get a time difference (delta) that allows me to adjust for comparison.  This usually works out to be a few seconds either way.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty elaborate; was that level of thinking taught at the university where the Napes matriculate? Dielaughing 

If timing is so critical, why not just turn your bedside clock to face the camera?

For my use, it wouldn't be necessary to have split-second timing; seeing some movement would alert me to focus on the time around the event.  That being said, my needs (and experience) are such that I can't imagine needing such critical timing, so… Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a shade tree mechanic and have my oak leaf diploma to prove it.   Big Grin

The clock idea is a good one, but I don't have one I can use.  

I set the camera to record all night to catch "before and after" imaging.   The next day I look at SleepyHead for events, then go to a point in the video just before an event. I play it to see what was transpiring during that time frame.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2018, 08:25 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: That's pretty elaborate; was that level of thinking taught at the university where the Napes matriculate? Dielaughing 

If timing is so critical, why not just turn your bedside clock to face the camera?

For my use, it wouldn't be necessary to have split-second timing; seeing some movement would alert me to focus on the time around the event.  That being said, my needs (and experience) are such that I can't imagine needing such critical timing, so… Dont-know

Thats because, as I understand, you are trying to sync time with the cpap. The camera doesnt have a time management problem like the cpap
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2018, 10:01 AM)crowtor Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 08:25 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: That's pretty elaborate; was that level of thinking taught at the university where the Napes matriculate? Dielaughing 

Thats because, as I understand, you are trying to sync time with the cpap. The camera doesnt have a time management problem like the cpap

That went right over my head!  Would you explain or say it a different way?  I don't understand the time management problem.

(And whoever's keeping score, crowtor should get extra points for this one!)   Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand, the CPAP machines suffer from clock drift and can be substantial for the matter at hand.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
It's known that cpap's have a clock issue, what that means is the time that is imported into Sleepyhead isnt accurate, I personally didnt know about this clock issue.

Anyway, the unwanted movement that I want to record is either sleepwalking or seizures. I had a nissen fundoplication fix my reflux problem but I seem to wake up with think foamy saliva in my mouth(like what you get during a seizure)

I need to find out if it's my laryngospasms causing it or if thats a brain issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, I see (said the blind man...)

So syncing the recorder and the PAP would be good, yet it seems that since drift is such an issue, syncing won't let you see where the event started unless it's right after you sync.   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera monitoring + Oscar laurent123 16 2,110 05-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Camera shows highly disturbed sleep but numbers are "good" geauxdbl 33 4,033 03-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: geauxdbl
  need recommendation for reasonably priced night video camera Haley 6 1,694 03-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Video camera to record sleeping RichardVT 7 3,384 12-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Last Post: RichardVT
Cool [Equipment] Testing an Infrared time lapse camera. Shastzi 11 4,965 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.