Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting another new mask tomorrow!
Getting another new mask tomorrow!
I have been trying to adjust to therapy for almost 4 month and having a very tuff time.  Started with Dreamwear but found it impossible to sleep on my side. Then I tried the Amara View but couldn't stop leakage also. Now the DME is coming out tomorrow to fit me with something else.
I probably need a full face mash, but what do I need? What works best for most? I am so discouraged right now!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting another new mask tomorrow!
Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have been using a CPAP for about 1 1/2 years. I have a huge duffle bag full of masks. I hear some people have no problems finding a mask but most do. It is trial and error. My issue a lot of the time were leaks also. I just started using a ResMed AirTouch F20. It has memory foam around the mask which really helps the seal of the mask. It is the most comfortable I have tried so far. I have not had any problems with leaks. It is a full face mask. If you need a full face mask I recommend trying it.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend the 2 below:

Nasal Pillow - Resmed P10
Full Face Mask - Resmed F20

Alternatively, you can try to get the gel pillows to go with your Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been an APAP user since December of last year. Huge difference in my life! I've been using a Fisher and Paykel Simplus since night one and I don't plan to use anything else.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I also recommend the ResMed P10 Nasal Pillows.

Read Mask Primer here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2017, 08:55 PM)Styx Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have been using a CPAP for about 1 1/2 years. 

Welcome

It is good to have you with us.  Please stick around.
Post Reply Post Reply
DannyG could you please post a daily SleepyHead chart so we can see if we see something you are missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been sleeping in a recliner for the last month. The dreamwear works well semi reclined (AHI under 1) if I keep the pressure under 9. If I set the pressure over 11 to sleep flat I have to wear a chin strap to stop mouth breathing. The chin strap the DME gave me keeps sliding off my head and I wake up with a dry mouth. I sure would like to sleep in my own bed again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel your pain. I also have tried numerous nasal masks and most leak air into my eyes which feel glued shut when I wake. The last go around was the smaller-cushioned masks like the Wisp, ESON-2, and Mirage FX. The pillows did not work for me because I sleep on my side and turn over while asleep.

The only one that seemed reliable was the ResMed Mirage Active LT because the cushion has a slight curled lip at the bottom and tends to hold my mouth shut. Alternatively the Activa and Ultra Mirage II also work -- but I personally prefer the Activa LT.

Best of luck on your quest for an acceptable fit.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, thank you. There is a lot of good Information here and everyone is so nice. Glad I found this site.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help assessing recent charts, appt. tomorrow (!) Julia63 3 481 08-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached. hopeforusall 41 2,427 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,675 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,338 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Well tomorrow: Ending Therapy Big Guy 4 810 08-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up jdelcore71 9 1,099 06-14-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jdelcore71
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,916 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.