Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting another new mask tomorrow!
RE: Getting another new mask tomorrow!
You may not need a full face mask. I would recommend you try the Resmed Airfit P10 pillows perhaps with a chin strap to help keep your mouth closed (I like the Halo Chin Strap by Breathe Wear as it is very unobtrusive.) The Airfit P10 is a very light and comfortable mask that prevented leaks much better than any other mask I used. Might be worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2017, 08:55 PM)Styx Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have been using a CPAP for about 1 1/2 years. I have a huge duffle bag full of masks. I hear some people have no problems finding a mask but most do. It is trial and error. My issue a lot of the time were leaks also. I just started using a ResMed AirTouch F20. It has memory foam around the mask which really helps the seal of the mask. It is the most comfortable I have tried so far. I have not had any problems with leaks. It is a full face mask. If you need a full face mask I recommend trying it.  Smile

How often do you have to replace the memory foam?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2017, 12:16 AM)DannyG Wrote: I have been sleeping in a recliner for the last month. The dreamwear works well semi reclined (AHI under 1) if I keep the pressure under 9. If I set the pressure over 11 to sleep flat I have to wear a chin strap to stop mouth breathing. The chin strap the DME gave me keeps sliding off my head and I wake up with a dry mouth. I sure would like to sleep in my own bed again!

AHI under 1 wouldn't merit a pressure increase unless it isn't consistent.  I couldn't wear the chin strap (or tape) either, but the cheap, soft, cervical collar did the trick on keeping my mouth closed.  Search on it, there's threads all over.
Post Reply Post Reply
The patient booklet that came with the mask said to change the cushion every 4 weeks, my insurance will only pay every 6 to 8 weeks for a cushion so I am shooting for 6 weeks. I will try to go longer, as long as it doesn't leak. I have only been using the mask for 2 weeks, I have not had to re-order yet. I have seen reviews where people use the cushion 8 weeks with no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help assessing recent charts, appt. tomorrow (!) Julia63 3 474 08-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached. hopeforusall 41 2,411 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,639 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,318 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Well tomorrow: Ending Therapy Big Guy 4 804 08-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up jdelcore71 9 1,095 06-14-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jdelcore71
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,885 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.