Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting back into CPAP after 2 years
RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years
I agre with Walla on the pressure, you need higher EPAP for oxygenation, and to avoid those OA. We have recently seen another member that has significantly different AHI with oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try the oxymeter with O2 at 2L tomorrow night. I played with the N20 a little to see if I could make it more comfortable. I'm going to also go without Ramp. Doesn't really make sense to ramp from 6 to 7.

I tried turning EPR off, but I think I like it on.

I'm going to keep the pressure at 7-14. I don't want to vary too many things at once. Even though I felt tired yesterday, I felt like I slept a lot better with the O2.

Is it possible that the O2 is more of the issue than the actual Sleep Apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can keep the EPR at 3 and still move the min pressure up to 9. That should give you more air to breath and still make it easy to breath out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here are my results from 8/24, with O2 at 2L again.  Oximeter on.  AHI definitely seems better.  One Sleepyhead thing.  When I imported, I had to use my Oxiimeter's timestamp rather than the method of matching up to CPAP import.  If I selected the option to match to CPAP, then the oximeter import time start would be at 4:22am, about 8 hours later.  Not sure why that happened.

[Image: aGeU5jC.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
also..I noticed this says 9.5 hours. That is wrong. I actually woke up at 6:15. turned off my cpap, turned off recording on the Oximeter. For some reason the oximeter shows that it was going until almost 8am. Strange.

The time on the Oximeter is correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check both the clocks on the oximeter and the CPAP to make sure their the same. I think you'd feel better if you raised the EPAP up a little. But if your happy and feel good where your pressures are than that's all that matters.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
For raising the EPAP, you mean lowering EPR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you could do that too. But I was talking about raising the min pressure up to 9 cm and leaving the EPR alone. That would increase the amount of air you get and still allow for a reduced exhale vs inhale pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 10:18 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Check both the clocks on the oximeter and the CPAP to make sure their the same.

Yeah..the clocks are the same...Strange stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
mogulman,
I've had the same problem with a time shift in the oximeter. It seems to be a "GMT- your time zone" delta. I went on to other things before finding a work-around.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 149 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 319 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 221 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 167 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 137 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 220 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,474 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.