Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting back into CPAP after 2 years
RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years
Your results are as good as can be expected. Be patient with regard to the "feeling refreshed", especially after a night of watching preseason football and some drinks. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last few nights were ok.   Last night I did my funky thing where I thought it was morning.  Got up and took everything off and shut off the O2 and the CPAP.  Then looked at the clock and it was only 2am.   I was too tired to put it all back on and went to sleep.  Disappointed in myself this morning.     Seems to happen pretty frequently where I wake up between 2-3am and think it's morning.

Here are my SH scans for the last few nights.  No SpO2 on for these.
[Image: fmOVGg8.png]

[Image: As0Xxmo.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you have found effective settings for your CPAP therapy. The rest of the story is getting to feel rested now that sleep disordered breathing is no longer an issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like settings are pretty good. I think I'm going to stick with 8-12 for pressure. Seems to be working.

Humidification settings seemed a little dry. Questions on humidification on a Resmed Autoset. I had it set for auto humidification with Climateline. I didn't like how warm it was, so I changed the temperature to 75 Degrees F. I left the humidity level at Auto. Looks like from my chart, that it used "4" as the humidity level. I know 6 is too humid and I get moisture in my line.

Is the "4" based on the temp? IE.. Can I manually set it to 5" and 75 degrees? or is that destined to fail. I keep my room at 69-70 at night. It's dry here in CO at probably 25-35% most of the time.

Also...for my chart below.. I see a few small leaks. I tend to roll around a lot. Chicken/egg question... Are the leaks because of increased pressure? or is there increased pressure because I roll around and caused leaks?

[Image: v628mvt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good! How do you feel?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2017, 09:51 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looks good!  How do you feel?

You know what I notice the most...   Waking up and only remembering going to sleep.   Most of the time before this..  I would wake up and remember rolling around and stuff.

I feel a little tired in the morning and dry throat.   In the day, I feel a lot less tired.   Feeling better to be honest.

Also.. I fall asleep very quickly.   I think the Oxygen has something to do with this.  I remember a similar experience in the hospital, even when I wasn't on drugs.

Just need to work on getting my humidification right.  Also, sometimes the N20 rubs on the bottom of my nose and I get irritated.   I think it pushes up when I sleep on my side and roll too much.   Just have to work on the straps or something.

Feeling a lot more positive then I did the first time around. Although also feeling like an old man with all this stuff hooked up. I need to lose weight or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
So here is my latest from this week. Not sure if I should mess with pressure any more. I was thinking maybe of starting with a low of 9 instead of 8 and maybe that would smooth things out somewhat in the pressure. Then when I've tried that, it just seems to raise the peaks and valleys. Should I stick with it the way I have it?

still looks like I'm rolling around or something at around 2am or something. I almost want to put a video camera in my room to see what is happening. Maybe my wife is slapping me or kicking me Smile

[Image: 0ojatAt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point you are already optimized. If you make a change and it doesn't work, change back. I think those of us that have been doing this for a long time might try a small pressure change or changes in EPR/pressure support, then decide if it had the desired result. I recently tried increasing pressure support by 0.4 cm and it more than tripled my event rate, so I went back to the tried and true.

You won't hurt yourself by experimenting with small changes, but you might also find yourself back where you know things work. You are in a position to judge for yourself whether something works or not. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Any ideas on the 2am thing? I told my wife not to wake me unless she wants to fool around Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
A brief leak, increase in flow limit and a single hypopnea? Don't worry about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 152 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 320 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 222 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 169 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 138 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 222 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,477 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.