Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting machine from Amazon
Getting machine from Amazon
I need a new bipap machine and insurance won't cover it.  I was thinking of a dreamstation Auto Bipap.  I cannot find them under $1600 anywhere but Amazon.  Third party sellers have them at $600 or less.  I am hesitate.  Are these knockoffs and what about warranty service.  Will Phillips Respironics cover getting it from an unknown seller.  How are these sellers able to get by the federal prescription law.

Thanks for your help.

I have been using therapy for years.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting machine from Amazon
I don't recommend buying from a third party on Amazon. I would stick to one of the Suppliers listed on the Suppliers list at the top of the page.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
They're fine, nothing wrong with buying from Amazon when available. I bought mine there a few months back, brand new with no issues. That said, I don't think I'd trust any of the listings I see currently. They don't look right at all, and the legit vendors previously selling on Amazon don't seem to be there now.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is better to get it from an authorized reseller that includes warranty service. My DME included freebies with the reduced cost machine (he does not do insurance): heated hose, mask, extra filters, side cover (which I requested), and it seems like there was something else but I can't think of what it could be at the moment. But he is local to me. There may be someone similar close to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 11:17 AM)tomkatt Wrote: They're fine, nothing wrong with buying from Amazon when available. I bought mine there a few months back, brand new with no issues. That said, I don't think I'd trust any of the listings I see currently. They don't look right at all, and the legit vendors previously selling on Amazon don't seem to be there now.

There is a 'legit vendor' that is near me and I suspect he may be one of the vendors you are referring to. In speaking with him, I was given the impression that his units are not covered by warranty. I think that is something important to have. Did your Amazon unit include the warranty?
Post Reply Post Reply
$600 x 3 machines
$1,600 x 1 machine, pays your money and makes your choice!

If the machine lasts you for five years you $s in, otherwise..........!

Just make sure there is a machine there to be bought and you don't get ripped off.

Is it worth the risk?

I would want to know of someone that has bought from a dealer before.
See if there is a dealer near you, don't part with hard earned cash until you see a machine.
There is far to many rip off these days.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Many people have been happy with the machines they've gotten. But a couple of things you should know about Amazon. When you buy from a third party any problems you have you'll have to work out with the third party. Amazon will will only mediate to a certain extent.
Make sure you read the third parties return policy. This is different for each seller. I saw one that said if package was open they would not accept a return. An other words your stuck. So be very careful and know your rolling the dice.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Many members have purchased CPAP and Bilevel machines on Amazon and WW is the only one I know that has apparently had a problem. In fact his machines operated as designed, but we didn't realize that the Resmed Aircurve VAuto does not increase IPAP pressure above 22 cm. His supplier took back the machine but charged a restocking fee based on the fact Resmed confirmed the machine was working properly. Most other people find they get a great deal, and if something does go wrong, the seller tries to make it right. Personally, I'm delighted that people can save that much money and have access to quality new machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased my new machine from Amazon about two weeks ago.  It was brand new, and shipped promptly.  The seller seemed very responsive and easy to deal with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 02:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Many members have purchased CPAP and Bilevel machines on Amazon and WW is the only one I know that has apparently had a problem.  In fact his machines operated as designed, but we didn't realize that the Resmed Aircurve VAuto does not increase IPAP pressure above 22 cm.   His supplier took back the machine but charged a restocking fee based on the fact Resmed confirmed the machine was working properly.  Most other people find they get a great deal, and if something does go wrong, the seller tries to make it right.  Personally, I'm delighted that people can save that much money and have access to quality new machines.

I concur with Sleeprider; and purchased my machine after he suggested it.  A fraction of the cost, even with insurance involved.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,440 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,871 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,345 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Amazon out of stock on my mask. Price 3x elsewhere. Mindbullets 5 1,006 02-07-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon mesmith9 9 1,402 01-13-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question [News] PRIVACY - AMAZON srlevine1 10 1,165 07-14-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Best Resmed (S10) filter on Amazon torrent7712 4 1,058 09-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.