Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting migraines and feeling exhausted
Ohmy 
Getting migraines and feeling exhausted
For the last couple of months I have been waking up feeling very tired and have been getting migraines during the day. On the few days that I haven't had migraines I have tons of energy and feel awesome. When having the migraines I get these other side effects that make me feel like crap. I have talked to both my primary and sleep dr. My primary agrees with me on the fact that my sleep has to be contributing to the migraines. The sleep dr. says that i am doing great and she doesn't think that the migraines have anything to do with my sleep. I recently developed insomnia and the dr prescribed a sleep aid which helps me sleep through out the night. However when i wake up I still feel very exhausted. For the last three months my AHI has averaged 0.1. I switched from nasal pillows to a FF mask to combat my leaks. My leak rate for the last three months is 7 L/min. While looking at my charts this morning on sleepyhead I noticed these drop in pressure. Are they normal on an ASV? I think that I must be getting woken up somehow through out the night even though I don't remember. When I first started on the ASV life was great and I felt rested. Now I feel worse than I did before I started this cpap therapy journey. Any ideas?

Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting migraines and feeling exhausted
Your ASV is increasing EPAP, probably in response to flow limitation, then returning slowly to EPAP min setting. These pressure increases also seem to be accompanied by PS spikes. Your graph is too small to read, and lacks the flow limit and snore graphs, so I can't tell what the pressure changes relate to, nor their magnitude. Leaks do not appear to be a problem. If you are concerned about what appears to be individual breaths where PS min seems to equal EPAP, we would nee to zoom in to see what is going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8965][attachment=8964][attachment=8963]
hope this help
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better. At 02:24:45 there are two places where pressure drops equal to EPAP but mask pressure is normal and maintains PSMin. I think you can ignore the anomalies on the pressure chart. Same thing at 01:36 and 01:39.

At 02:21 to 02:29 breathing is ragged and lots of flow limitation and pressure fluctuations. I think these periods of high flow limitation are the main culprit in your headaches and fatigue. What do you think about adding one cm to PSMin?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try it tonight. Thanks What does the flow limit chart mean in sleepyhead. Is it showing a blockage?
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the Flow Limitation Wiki and Beginner' guide to Sleepyhead. Inspiratory flow limitation is a slowing of flow rate resulting from resistance in the airway which may be obstructive or positional in origin. It is characterized by a flattened or downwards slopimg flow wave form.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8977] This was last nights chart. I raised the PSmin to 3 cm. Sunday night was horrible could not fall asleep till about 2 in the morning. The Flow Limitation Wiki was a very interesting and great read. Thanks lots-o-coffee
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help if we could narrow down why you are having trouble sleeping. Your results are numerically excellent. Have you ever tried lower EPAP min settings? You might try going to 8.0 and see if that increases comfort. The increase in PSMin did seem to result in less flow limitation and pressure fluctuation, but the goal is to make you comfortable and to have a good night of sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
If I decrease the Epap min to 8 wouldn’t I want to increase the PSmin to 5 to maintain the 13 cmH20 of Ipap. I liked the 1 cm increase of pressure it felt like I didn’t have to inhale as hard for a breath. Don’t get me wrong the 12 cmH20 that it was at wasn’t unpleasant. 13 cm is much more pleasant. I looked back to when I was on the Airsense 10 APAP and the flow limitations started as soon as I started on the Aircurve 10 ASV. Could it be that the original pressure settings when I started the ASV were not quite optimized?
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8998]
Last night I lowered the EPAP Min to 9 and increased PSMin to 4
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 70 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 547 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.