Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting my Script today! Any advice before I go?
Question 
Getting my Script today! Any advice before I go?
Greetings to my fellow Royal Order of Hose Heads! I am soon to join your honorable ranks. Getting my CPAP script today!
oldman Thumbs-up-2

Not sure if I'll be given a CPAP or BiPap. But which ever one, I've decided on a PR System One, because I can run it while boondocking.

I am also going to request an Auto, because of what I've read on these forums. But in your experience, what is the best argument to use, in order to get one?

And - in your opinion (which I greatly value) is there anything else I should ask for?
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting my Script today! Any advice before I go?
Remember, you never have more power than before you accept a machine.
Much like buying a car, if it's not what you want, be willing to walk away.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What justMongo said +1. Also, ask about their mask exchange/return policy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Research, research, research. Learn all you can. These folks here have some pretty powerful information.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Be your own advocate. Don't take anybody else' word, know what you need and want in a machine. Talk to your doctor, nurses, etc to understand what your machine needs to do for you.

2. There are several masks out there, and the one you need to use is totally up to you. I played around with three different ones before settling on the one I use.

3. Humidifier tanks, hoses, masks, mask gaskets, filters, etc. Amazon is your friend. Use the order confirmation or shipping receipts to bill your insurance.

4. The first month (or three in my case) will be a bit frustrating as you get used to using the hose. Don't get frustrated and stay with it. I was ready to use my machine for a boat anchor after the first two weeks. Sleep lab people told me I would just strap on the mask and dream of unicorns and strawberry fields. Yeah, right. Just stay with it.

5. Direct medical stores are seemingly convenient, but they will own your soul if you aren't careful

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 10:34 AM)Ailu Wrote: Not sure if I'll be given a CPAP or BiPap. But which ever one, I've decided on a PR System One, because I can run it while boondocking.
Two different machines, auto models:
1- REMstar Auto with A-Flex (DS560 (S, HS,TS)
2- BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex (DS760 (S, HS,TS)
You'll need the script to specify the correct machine, especially the first option, since there is more than one model
Ask for copies of the sleep study and let the doctor explain it to you, also have a copy of the script too

S = SD card capable
HS = System One humidifier and SD card capable
TS = System One HeatedTube humidifier and SD card capable
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...-guide.pdf

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]
[Image: PR-model-2.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Keep the ORIGINAL Rx. Give the DME a copy. That Rx is good forever...at least for a few years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks so much Zonk!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!

(06-18-2015, 03:22 PM)zonk Wrote: Two different machines, auto models:
1- REMstar Auto with A-Flex (DS560 (S, HS,TS)
2- BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex (DS760 (S, HS,TS)
You'll need the script to specify the correct machine, especially the first option, since there is more than one model
Ask for copies of the sleep study and let the doctor explain it to you, also have a copy of the script too

S = SD card capable
HS = System One humidifier and SD card capable
TS = System One HeatedTube humidifier and SD card capable
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...-guide.pdf

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]
[Image: PR-model-2.jpg]

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 263 56 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 787 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.