Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting up at night...any tips
RE: Getting up at night...any tips
(04-03-2014, 02:45 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: My solution is talk radio. After the inevitable middle of the night bathroom break, I get back in bed and set the sleep timer for 30 minutes on some political talk radio program. The call-in conversations prevent me from thinking and make sleep a welcome escape. Somehow it works.

I also take 3mg of timed-release melatonin just before going to bed. Has anyone else tried melatonin?

That's amazing, Jim. Listening to talk radio call-ins would make me so furious I wouldn't be able to sleep.

I like melatonin, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 02:34 PM)HoseMan Wrote: Same here.Check out Meletonin.It work'd.If you have problem falling back to sleeptake one&you will.No side affect's.I do suggest starting with a low dose first.But,please do your research 1st before starting.I get mine thru Puritans Pride
Over a period of one month, I started with 1 mg, then 2 mg and finally settled on 3 mg. I also decided on the time-release tablets that supposedly last approximately 6 hours. I wonder what dosage others are taking.

Post Reply Post Reply
I take about 1.2 mg. Melatonin doses are all over the place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roym.
Assuming that you are male, you could try a wide mouthed plastic jar with a screw top lid of up to a litre.
It may not add much to the décor but should be easy to find in the dark so that you can just sit on the edge of the bed without removing your mask.
I understand that these were used at one time by rally drivers if that makes you feel any better!
Post Reply Post Reply
I take 2mg of melatonin in the sublingual, (under-the-tung,) form at around 9:30 P.M. every night.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get up from 1-3x/night prior to CPAP. Since I've been on CPAP I no longer have to get up and I drink water right up until bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply
I order'd the 10 mg from puritan's pride.I will finish it up.But,I will drop to a lower dosage when I order more.I love the stuff.It's cheap&work's with no side affect's.I take 1 before bed&usually will sleep thru the night.I have woke up in morning&took another one&slept about 3 hour's&felt fine when getting back up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 32 987 03-15-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,225 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 286 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,436 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,540 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  [CPAP] cleaning my machine tips kiracaylen 2 534 08-31-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.